How much is too much?

Soldato
OP
Ok well after talking to someone who's quite into his training i've decided to change my routine a bit.

Mondays - Chest/Biceps
Wednesday - Back/triceps
Friday - Shoulders/traps
Sunday - Legs

With abs during every session.

However, would it harm me if I was to do another session on my chest/biceps on Thursday? And maybe shoulders/traps on Tuesdays as well? The muscles i'd be working would all get at least 2/3 days rest every time between workouts. Would this be overdoing it?

Along all this i'm obviously working on my diet and I'm eating a lot more.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ok well after talking to someone who's quite into his training i've decided to change my routine a bit.

Mondays - Chest/Biceps
Wednesday - Back/triceps
Friday - Shoulders/traps
Sunday - Legs

With abs during every session.

However, would it harm me if I was to do another session on my chest/biceps on Thursday? And maybe shoulders/traps on Tuesdays as well? The muscles i'd be working would all get at least 2/3 days rest every time between workouts. Would this be overdoing it?

Along all this i'm obviously working on my diet and I'm eating a lot more.

Yes. The four day split is designed as it is because each session should be very intensed and focused. The 6 day recovery period is nescessary. Also, don't keep upping the weights. Wait 4 weeks before you change your routine, record your measurements and take photos to monitor your development if that's your bag.

If you do too much you'll simply overtrain and do yourself a mischeif.

It's a personal opinion. But I believe abs need seperate focus, because when you've cained yourself on, say legs, you really can't be arsed to put your all into ab work. I instead would have a core stability day and work the entire trunk. Lots of the leg work you're doing will also cain your torso.

A hardcore BBer will be able to give you more advice. Freefaller's a goodun to ask. I believe he does a four day split and he's a monster :p

Ant :cool:

Soldato
OP
I've cut back on squash in an attempt to stop burning so many calories, but I've started doing a spinning class on Thursdays in an effort to get my leg muscles in gear, only downside is that I probably burn over 1000 calories doing so. Tried to eat more today to account for it.

Honestly been eating loads for the past few weeks but i'm not putting on weight. I'm definitely getting more defined and muscular (REALLY happy with my progress) but the weight isn't going on! I don't know why i'm complaining but its just weird. Maybe I **** too much? :D Averaging about two a day :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I've cut back on squash in an attempt to stop burning so many calories, but I've started doing a spinning class on Thursdays in an effort to get my leg muscles in gear, only downside is that I probably burn over 1000 calories doing so. Tried to eat more today to account for it.

Honestly been eating loads for the past few weeks but i'm not putting on weight. I'm definitely getting more defined and muscular (REALLY happy with my progress) but the weight isn't going on! I don't know why i'm complaining but its just weird. Maybe I **** too much? :D Averaging about two a day :p

I very much doubt you burn 1kcals in a session like this, and a lot of it would be muscle.

If you want to 'get your legs in gear' then do big squats and other leg lifts.

If you want to increase muscular endurance and burn calories, do spinning classes.

Read the sticky.

Ant :cool:

Oh, and I poo 3-4 times a day.

EDIT: To be honest it seems to me that you either don't want, or aren't ready for serious dedication to body building. For you I'd suggest that you simply follow a sensible, and balanced lifting routine that you can stick to, eat well, and enjoy the various activties that you partake in. You will be healthy and have a nice body. And from your attitude I think that's what you're aiming for anyway. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom