How much is your water bill?

Associate
Water meters are no good for us fish keepers, the amount of RO water i produce would make my bill sky rocket

What gives you that impression?

Being conservative 1000litres of water is about £2 and less than that in waste charges - with a booster pump or good pressure that'll give you about 300/350litres of RO

Soldato
What gives you that impression?

Being conservative 1000litres of water is about £2 and less than that in waste charges - with a booster pump or good pressure that'll give you about 300/350litres of RO

Moved house from a metered to unmetered, saved £15 straight away pcm, if anything i use even more water now.

Soldato
£30 a quarter or thereabouts. Metered. Way cheaper than unmetered so much so that whenever I move into a new place I call the water company to get one fitted, they're usually quite surprised.

Caporegime
Very good question, I don't think i've had a bill since I moved in here (Bought a new build).

I've definitely got a meter though, as they came round to fit it. I'd better get onto them about that.

Associate
£77.60 per month for a family of four in a 4 bed detached.
We are not on a meter.
I guess its time to phone up and get one installed by looking at what everyone else is paying.
Thanks for the savings everyone.

I pay a fixed rate of about £380 per annum.

But I would never have a water meter installed. As a large family would pay a fortune in water bills.
It may save money for a couple with no family, but once the meter is installed there is no going back. The water company will not remove the meter if requested.

Soldato
Ours for a family of four, 3 bedrooms and on a water meter with Southwest Water is:

£370+ a quarter.

The sewerage charge being what tips the balance.

Every now and then the media picks up on why the bills are so high, some of the things I have been told by staff ranges from, funding Thames Water (but that is in London not Exeter lol), coastal defence and beach cleanup. What can you do? we just payup and get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom