How much to fit tyres in 2020?

This is worth it's weight in gold. There is almost no limit to what I'd pay for tyre fitting with this guarantee, the amount of times I've had wheels not quite right but not bad enough to be obviously wrong is depressing.

Agree. Same applies for not damaging wheels as well. I've had varying experiences with tyre fitters not taking care of the wheel. Dread getting new tyres done for both reasons.

With electric assisted steering these days, do you think you get the same feedback on whether they are well balanced. - not sure,

after having read through this older balancing thread https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=53904
look like accurate balance could be 0.1g tolerance and 5g normally, they suggest alloy rims may have difficulty for accurate weight positioning,
and two resonant frequencies/speeds where you could see vibration .. will check out if the balancing machine is a Hunter (like the f1as alignment machines are)

In anything but a small indie garage the people taking your wheels off and changing tyres etc are salaried.

The only actual cost to the company is a few pence in wheel weights and a valve.
they have to make money or theres no reason to be in business. as said you can look after regular customers if their having other work done but to work for next to nothing or cash /tea money doesnt pay the overheads.

Back
Top Bottom