How much would a trip to the 'Ring be?

Associate
How thorough is that? Would you get away with mounting a front facing camera?

If they see the camera you'll be told to take it off and not to record, and you'll not get on untill you have done so. If you want to get some vids then a bumper or interior mounted bullet cam would be your best bet, just make sure you cant blatantly see it from the outside.

Soldato
Yes - as Dale says, recording equipment is not allowed. To clarify the car inspections - not every car, but if they suspect they will take the car to the side lane and inspect it. 2 marshalls had a dB meter on the exhaust of a Golf that looked like it had a lot of 'sensible' money spent on it. He got a thumbs up and was allowed on.

Associate
I'm not sure if there are any insurance policies that will cover driving on the ring as the liability is just too great. Even a minor crash into the Armco will cost thousands, and if you crash into other cars then bend over as it could quite literally bankrupt you.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure if there are any insurance policies that will cover driving on the ring as the liability is just too great. Even a minor crash into the Armco will cost thousands, and if you crash into other cars then bend over as it could quite literally bankrupt you.

Which technically means everyone from the UK who goes to the Ring drives illegally...

Associate
[TW]Fox;14978562 said:
Which technically means everyone from the UK who goes to the Ring drives illegally...

Well not really. Nowhere in any of my insurance policy paperwork does it state that my insurance is void if I drive on the Nurburgring/Nordshife or an unrestricted toll road. It does state I cant use it work track or race use, but as the Nurburgring is a public German road on tourist days with German road laws then technically I'm fully covered and driving legally. Not that I'd like to put myself in the position to need to use it!

Soldato
Im off to the ring on friday, staying in cologne and making a bit of a european break of it!

I havent worked out what exactly its cost me to go, but im going to hazard a guess that the entire trip will see off at least a grand all told.

Back
Top Bottom