How often do you get a Dominos pizza? (Seventeen year old thread bump warning)

Associate
Never been. This thread got me curious. Just had a quick shuftie on dominoes website. Priced up a simple pizza. £22. Yikes, I won't be going there for a pizza. A bit of bread dough and a bit of topping? Seriously? Ya gotta be nuts to get fleeced like that.

Caporegime
Never been. This thread got me curious. Just had a quick shuftie on dominoes website. Priced up a simple pizza. £22. Yikes, I won't be going there for a pizza. A bit of bread dough and a bit of topping? Seriously? Ya gotta be nuts to get fleeced like that.
No one pays full menu price for a takeaway pizza. Everyone gets a deal. My local one is doing a large for £12 or 50% off pizzas. Lots more deals too

Soldato
Maybe once every couple of years I'll get one and be reminded why I prefer other options. They were onto something for a while when they made those pseudo-stonebaked ones but they only lasted for a few months.

I'm quite lucky that I have 2 really good authentic pizzerias close by and also have many other superior options on Deliveroo.

Soldato
£20 for a pizza, nah never, rather get a frozen one from the local supermarket for £3 that tastes just as good if not better as it won't be swimming in grease.

Nobody with any common sense pays that. For instance, Dominos still have small £8, medium £10 and large £12 offer on. PJs £10 for large. The only time you would pay full price is a Friday or Saturday after 10pm, in which case you have planned badly.

Yes, it's still expensive for what it is but 90% of people haven't got a proper pizza oven at home so it's not right to say a supermarket pizza is exactly the same.

Never anymore. Struggled to get a decent Pizza in my home town. So I opened up my own....

You did? Would be interested to hear more about that.

Last edited:
Soldato
So like your Cheese, Tomato sauce and the dough then.

You said its ALL Heavily processed. I showed you its wasn't!

Well it is processed regardless, and yes even the cheese/sauce and dough is processed.

Which is why I'll stick to my steak and jacket spuds, Pizza is a very rare thing for me to eat. Not because I don't like them, more to do with the fact there's nothing good about a pizza besides taste.

Soldato
Had my first yesterday, £10 for a 12 inch with 5 toppings as work colleagues where going and kept nagging
Nothing special, not worth 10 quid let alone the default £20+ it was tasty I guess but expected something more for how much people love it

I'll stick to my Carlos aldi ones for £1.19 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Associate
I would love to not get a domino's... but near me they are the only place open at lunchtimes.. which tends to be when i order pizza..

It's ok, not "great" pizza.. but not the worse i've ever had either.. and with their deals.. ( i tend to get a 2 topping medium for £8) it's not too bad ..

Soldato
Ask away mate.

What would you like to know?
Is it your mission to crush Domino’s?

Do you do American style pizza or Neapolitan?

Do you think you’ve taken customers from the competition?

Do you use one of those conveyor style ovens or the more standard takeaway ones?

Associate
About once a month this way.

Mrs thinks they're amazing. I spend ages fighting for a deal every time as I find paying £25 plus for pizza is mental.

Chicken kickers are ace though. For me I'm happy with the pizza from Sainsbury's fresh counter. Though that's gone up in price.

Caporegime
The american pizza offerings are a bit different in Spain.

Pizza Hut had already exited Spain when I moved here in 2013. 2018 they re-entered the market and it actually tasted identical to UK/USA. They had 4 stores in Barcelona, of which one was 200m from my house. Used to get 1 a week, sometimes 2. Didn't really take off here though so they got rid of nearly all of them after the pandemic. Alas no more...Bye Bye Deep pan pizza.

Dominos is very similar to in the UK, albeit with less toppings available. Probably the biggest American chain now. About 20 stores in Barcelona, and it was barely 6-8 10 years ago. Went here for a year or so after the Hut closed down.

Papa Johns is very similar to the UK menu. I get a pizza from here once every 2 weeks. All 3 of the chains cost the same more or less. ABout 8-9 euros for a collected medium pizza and about 13 for the same delivered.

Used to get my Pizza Hut fix when I visit the UK a couple of times a year. But, slowly, over the last 10 years nearly all the stores in London have closed down. Last trip I had to go all the way to Leicester Square for my fix. £20 for the buffet!!!

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
The american pizza offerings are a bit different in Spain.

Pizza Hut had already exited Spain when I moved here in 2013. 2018 they re-entered the market and it actually tasted identical to UK/USA. They had 4 stores in Barcelona, of which one was 200m from my house. Used to get 1 a week, sometimes 2. Didn't really take off here though so they got rid of nearly all of them after the pandemic. Alas no more...Bye Bye Deep pan pizza.

Dominos is very similar to in the UK, albeit with less toppings available. Probably the biggest American chain now. About 20 stores in Barcelona, and it was barely 6-8 10 years ago. Went here for a year or so after the Hut closed down.

Papa Johns is very similar to the UK menu. I get a pizza from here once every 2 weeks. All 3 of the chains cost the same more or less. ABout 8-9 euros for a collected medium pizza and about 13 for the same delivered.

Used to get my Pizza Hut fix when I visit the UK a couple of times a year. But, slowly, over the last 10 years nearly all the stores in London have closed down. Last trip I had to go all the way to Leicester Square for my fix. £20 for the buffet!!!

rp2000
Last time I had a Pizza Hut lunch buffet was way back in 2002.

Incredible feed for a fiver. Problem is, I struggle to stop eating pizza, so I could barely move. Think I fell asleep at my desk about 5 times in the afternoon

Caporegime
Last time I had a Pizza Hut lunch buffet was way back in 2002.

Incredible feed for a fiver. Problem is, I struggle to stop eating pizza, so I could barely move. Think I fell asleep at my desk about 5 times in the afternoon
iirc in 1999-2000 it used to be £3.49 in London. Me and a group of friends would go there at the weekend. It was sort of a given that we couldn't leave till one of us couldn't move. It was hardcore back then. None of this salad included for free. Just heavy deep pan pizza (maybe a couple of thin crust for the light weights) :D

I respect a man who can hammer a Pizza hut buffet inside a Lunch break. In all honesty, in 1 hour I wouldn't be able to do it justice!

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom