How on earth do you go caseless?

Soldato
I've often thought about going caseless with my iPhones and, with the recent models looking so nice and more like a piece of jewellery than a phone, I feel the urge to even more.

What always stops me is that, aside from looking nice, recent phones are so damn slippery in the hand that it's like trying to hold a wet bar of soap. Sooner or later it's going to happen.

I'm just wondering, of those of you that go caseless with your iphones (especially recent glass-backed ones), do you not find it slippery and dangerous to hold?
Does anyone do something like a rear-only vinyl to improve the grip?

I went caseless with a temporary ancient cheapo midrange nokia that wasn't even glass backed and it was like trying to hold wet soap. No idea how anyone goes caseless.

:edit: lol, I didn't read more than the first lines and first reply before posting, didn't realise I was just repeating. Ah well, the analogy is clearly very fitting.

Last edited:
Never dropped mine, I don’t find it slippy at all. I’ve not even dropped it while being black out drunk. :p

Phone is basically always in my pocket or hand when moving around - I’ve seen some right weird stuff on this forum about struggling to find pocket to put the phone in. Phone goes in the right hand pocket and that’s the only thing that goes in there.

How? I look after it. I don’t throw my Rolex down the stairs, and I have no intention of mishandling my phone. If and when it happens I have AppleCare+.

I've dropped my 13 Mini a bunch of times, because I'm an absolute idiot, no visible to the immediate eye scratches, dents or issues. I'm sure if you got super close you'd see some potential micro-scratches etc, but I've also had it for years now too.

Back
Top Bottom