How on earth has this happened? Iv got sky channels for free.

Soldato
Howdy there.

I have sky HD downstairs, pay about 50 quid monthly or so, cant remember how much.

Also have a sky HD box upstairs and iv got a freeview card plugged into it (it had freeview channels without the card, but the tv regions was messed up), so got a local freeview card for it.

They both share the same satellite dish, I rarely use the TV upstairs but my missus just turned it on and said how on earth have we got MTV upstairs.

Nothing has changed infact this TV hasn't been switched on for weeks, we had a power cut the other day (though I highly doubt that has anything to do with it).

But upstairs has ALL, and I mean ALL channels, even all the movie channels, everything, and we don't even get this downstairs which we pay for??

I mean its not a bad thing, but how in the name of all that's holey has this happened?? any ideas? :p thanks :D

Also, I tried unplugging the box at the power socket just to test if it was anything to do with the power cut why iv got all the channels, and it still has them all lel.

Caporegime
What's probably happened is the card you got is an ex-subscribers card that has missed it's 'kill' signal. This signal is repeated several times but eventually stops or is only broadcast periodically. Enjoy it while it's on but it likely won't last more than a couple of days.

I get my Sky TV channels for free too. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What's probably happened is the card you got is an ex-subscribers card that has missed it's 'kill' signal. This signal is repeated several times but eventually stops or is only broadcast periodically. Enjoy it while it's on but it likely won't last more than a couple of days.

I get my Sky TV channels for free too. :)

Well the card says freeview on it and Iv had it for months with it only receiving freeview channels heh

Associate
That's pretty abnormal. AFAIK the freeview cards are missing the decryption keys for the premium channels and so should never be able to pick up premium stuff. Perhaps your skybox has gone rogue? :p

Associate
Last time i heard, even if sky accidentally add extra channels, they aren't allowed to just remove them? You can to cancel them. Pretty sure my boss has the sky sports channels and doesn't pay for them. It was him who mentioned about sky not being able to remove them unless you say so. Not 100% sure how true it is, but keep it up. Don't mention it and good luck haha

Soldato
OP
Just as a update it was still working 2 days ago but just turned the telle on now and it's not got all channels any more :( was good whilst it lasted. No idea how it was happening but I wish it was back already lol. Might have to get sky multi room. Extra expense!

Back
Top Bottom