How popular is RGB, really?

RGB is awesome. The clever thing about it is that you don't have to set it to full rainbow mode, and can have a solid colour or *shock horror* turn it off when you want it to be subtle :p

This. When I was a teenager I thought hi-fi separates with flashing LED VU meters were the dogs naughty bits so my amp & cassette deck them, sound quality came 2nd. :p I don't need to put Xmas lights up at Xmas time anymore in my room, I just fire up said RGB pc, job done. BTW it sits in a a Lian-li 011D, & when it lights up it looks like ORAC from blake's 7, which was my fave TV show from back then so its a bit of nostalgia for me & that's what I've called it! :D

Yer gotta be pretty miserable if you dont like RGB 'AT ALL'.. innit !!. hah. Each to their own like i say... some peepz are fun and some aint an i bet mostly in real life the boring ones dont like RGB... ask their missus !

RGB usually not for me. If pretty lights wanted- use a string of Xmas lights or a GU 10 fitting with colour changing LED. Cheaper. Simpler. Easier to throw away.

I have some rgb parts (or that can do rgb stuff) but it's generally all off as my pc is mostly out of sight.

The other half enjoys her RGB setup and likes to change up the colour from time to time.

My big issue is how you need umpteen programs to control it all if you don’t buy everything from the same manufacturer.
Well, a few companies like Corsair are trying to make their stuff integrated with as many others as possible.
Even Aquacomputer has adapters so their stuff can integrate with standard ARGB, and also accomodates Corsair, NZXT and a couple of other proprietary connectors.

But that is just how tech goes. It's like Apple users moaning because they can't use any of the standard stuff, they need the iOS/Mac-Compatible version.

I like a bit of RGB but I wouldn’t choose components based on it. My PC usually has a subtle red glow through the side window but sometimes I set it to unicorn vomit just because.

My big issue is how you need umpteen programs to control it all if you don’t buy everything from the same manufacturer. I’ve an NZXT case, MSI motherboard, Palit graphics card, and Logitech peripherals all with RGB and I wish I could control the lighting for them from the same place. I’ve got some Teamgroup RAM incoming which also has RGB so I’ll probably need yet another program to manage that.
OpenRBG is a thing. You can control the lighting in a lot of hardware without their specific bloat software.

Yer gotta be pretty miserable if you dont like RGB 'AT ALL'.. innit !!. hah. Each to their own like i say... some peepz are fun and some aint an i bet mostly in real life the boring ones dont like RGB... ask their missus !

Haha "Didn't need those flashy gaudy lights in my day!!"

A couple of lights here and there through a glass side panel never hurt anyone and if someone wants those god awful unicorn lights and can pull it off, fair play!

Im a bit old for the snazzy stuff, but a bit of suttle RGB can look nice.

There are some nice builds out there with more but wouldnt want one lighting up a room. :)

I quite like it! There's something that deeply amuses me about spending a lot of time and money on a build, pouring over specs, agonising over the various choices... and having it glow in a bombastic and pimping manner.

My build to be is going to look like this.

Incidentally, I've always enjoyed block bright bold colours with clothing, sometimes in aggressive 'tasteless' combinations. If I'm honest, I guess it's my childish way of goading people that would care so much as to have an opinion.

Back
Top Bottom