• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to disable Ray-Tracing?

Soldato
Hey guys,

Is there any way to disable Ray-Tracing, so its not used at all across any games?

I just jumped into my "tester" game, BFV, 64 man conquest, 3840x1080 at everything ultra, including RTX!

Im averaging in this setup, 60-70fps and is smooth and fluid, but I would rather it off!

When im in the game menu, in video settings, the stupid RTX option, is greyed out on "ultra".

So can I disable this in W10 at some point? I would rather a little less eye-candy and some more FPS being put into the game..

Also to note : I don't know why but my CPU + GPU are not at high / max output under gaming stress?

My cpu is at around 75% usage and the GPU around 80% :confused::confused:

Any help ASAP is much appreciated guys!

Man of Honour
No way to globally disable that I'm aware of current implementations are all 3rd party efforts on a per game basis. You should be able to select custom settings though and put everything else to ultra without ray tracing options.

Soldato
That option isn't on the list mate? :confused:

Should I have in my Nvidia control panel, "prefer maximum performance" on? its currently on "optimal power"? Will that help or not really?
Nvidia control panel setting doesn't matter. I don't have bfv installed at the moment but somewhere in display settings there is a enable dxr toggle. It is under the toggle for enable dx12

Soldato
@Heisenberg @Quartz

Just fired it up again, and yes its on DX 11! DXR OFF!

why are my FPS so poor :eek: The hardware should blow these games out of the water no?

Added : im running a 3900X and a 2080s
You should be getting a lot better performance that that with dxr off and that hardware. Is gpu going to full clocks? The game runs better in dx12 but not sure that's the only problem.

Soldato
OP
There's no way you are getting bottlenecked with that hardware. Check the gpu glocks in game. Did you recently upgrade? Is this a new build or upgraded parts?

Its a new system yes..I kept the RAM and SSD's.

So you think it could be something to do with the GPU? Considering it wont max out usage? no where near it tbh!

Soldato
Put it on low & test that, see if it's not an issue with the CPU. If you're not getting >120 fps with all on low then it's something wrong elsewhere other than GPU.

Back
Top Bottom