How to get Corsair Carbide front fan lights illuminating

Associate
Hi all,

I just setup a second PC from some old parts into a Corsair Carbide Delta case with 3 front RGB fans.

Everything works except the illumination of the RGB fans....

Now firstly I have discovered I have an old Asus Z87-A mobo without RGB headers (my bad for not thinking about this)

I then purchased a Corsair fan hub controller thinking this would work, but no lighting still.

I did install ICUE but nothing detected.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What do I need to do to get these RGB fans lit up?

Associate
OP
Hi thanks for your reply - I have just whipped the case off and checked, they all have the 2 leads and i can see the one is a RGB lead. The RGB leads from all 3 are joined up to a splitter. The model number "A1225M128" is all i can see without stripping them out....

So they should work i would have thought

Regards

Associate
OP
Thanks.... Tried the one fan one lead, retried on another, and reconnected the hub to a different SATA lead, sadly no recognition in ICUE4. So really stumped now. Might just leave as is for now sadly

Associate
OP
Sadly the new (well old 3.8 ICUE) software did not recognise the hub either, so sadly I either have a hub fault, or something else wrong. Thanks to all who offered up suggestions in any case -its no big deal as it was a Sim rig, my main rig is still all lit up nice :)

Associate
OP
Hi Aaron,

If you go ahead, please let me know how you get on. I suspect i might have a faulty component somewhere, but i might retry in the future ( still not working for me)

Back
Top Bottom