*** How to obtain a bike license ***

Soldato
That's the easy bit done, now to the proper test! (Usually everyone disagrees with me on this, so I am probably wrong :D)
Oddly, I feel fine with Mod2. Was super nervous about Mod1 because I didn't feel I had much chance to practice the higher speed stuff.

Have done a fair bit of Mod2 riding anyway back and forth with the instructors and been driving for many years.

Let's get it!

Soldato
Definitely been answered in here somewhere but I'm reading more and more and confusing myself.

I have full class A entitlement on my car license so am I right in thinking I just need the CBT and I'm good to ride whatever I want?

Man of Honour
Definitely been answered in here somewhere but I'm reading more and more and confusing myself.

I have full class A entitlement on my car license so am I right in thinking I just need the CBT and I'm good to ride whatever I want?
No. You've probably got a trike entitlement but unless you've done your motorcycle theory and tests you aren't entitled to ride anything other than a 125 with just a CBT

Man of Honour

I assume you haven't taken a full motorcycle test? A full car licence does not provide a full motorcycle licence. No, you can't ride anything with just a CBT. Class A will be listed on the back of your licence. In fact all classes are listed on the back. But unless it has a start and end date next to the class then you don't have it.

With only a CBT you can ride only up to a 125cc with L plates on the front and back. CBT only lasts two years.

To ride any unrestricted motorcycle you need CBT, motorcycle theory, Mod1 and Mod2. Then you can ride anything you can get insurance on.

Soldato
I've got
83VP1wO

Last edited:
Associate

The government website lists much more information about your licence and entitlements than your card does. https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence

Back
Top Bottom