• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How to overclock a 7850 past 1050MHz?

Associate
Hey guys, just looking at OCing my 7850 a bit more and have removed CCC and installed Asus GPU Tweak.

I've enabled Overclocking Range Enhancement (set slider to 1100, works like a charm) but to go much further I think I'll need to play with voltage. However, there is no voltage option that I can see :( is mine voltage-locked or am I doing something wrong?

Hi the more recent versions of gpu tweak do not allow me to change the voltage either. Use an older version and it should work.

Soldato
why is my scores so much lower than everyone elses?

dd15647f-06a1-43e2-87f5-bbf04d655e9a_zpsb146dfb5.jpg

Soldato
Is it possible to post a link to an older version that works please? Downloaded latest one but doesn't allow me to go past 1050 on clock.

Cheers

Associate
Is it possible to post a link to an older version that works please? Downloaded latest one but doesn't allow me to go past 1050 on clock.

Cheers

New ones should allow you to go past 1050 - did you uninstall catalyst control centre first?

Also did you enable the range increase? You'll need to click into advanced mode or some such - middle icon on the bottom left I think (not at home right now, can update later if you're having trouble) then in settings you should have an option to use extended range, enhanced range, something like that.

Associate
Anyone here crossfiring 7850s?

Tempted to pick up a second hand one but not sure how the performance boost will be on the big games like BF3/4, Crysis 3 etc

Soldato
New ones should allow you to go past 1050 - did you uninstall catalyst control centre first?

Also did you enable the range increase? You'll need to click into advanced mode or some such - middle icon on the bottom left I think (not at home right now, can update later if you're having trouble) then in settings you should have an option to use extended range, enhanced range, something like that.

Will uninstall CCC again and try again tonight. With latest benchmarks hoping with 8350 at 4.9ghz and the 4850 overclockers nicely will work well in BF4.

Soldato

do you have to uninstall catalyst??

Soldato
good work Ging,

im quite new to this stuff.

i am currently sitting at

1100mhz
1400mhz
1.210v

this is stable through multiple benches and real work game testing.

as soon as i knock the 1100 up to 1125 the benches crashes.

where should i go from here? more volts? more vram?

Soldato
hmm, i think i will have a go at that next then.

will my CPU interfere with the OC ability at all?

im only currently running an I3-3220

Back
Top Bottom