How to reduce input lag on ALL monitors

Associate
4j9ibt.png

I will still have vsync off for competitive online shooters though as I don't want a single bit of input lag.

Looking at that image you found, it seems that Nvidia Inspector suggests a FPS limit of 58 for 60Hz monitors in order to achieve no input lag with vsync.

Perhaps someone would like to test this on something like counterstrike?

59 FPS limit w/ vsync VS 58 FPS limit w/ vsync to compare which has the least input lag?

Last edited:
Associate
Nvidia Inspector is a third party tool written by a German hobbyist. It's not official.

and that completely invalidates it? the way i see it, it only let's you access variables which are in the drivers, but are not shown normally.

i agree though. those 58fps values and descriptions are not by nvidia.

Associate
OP
I dont see why he suggest 2 frames per second underneath the monitor hz.

All i see that achieveing is doing the exact same thing as having it 1 frame per second underneath the monitor hz, but there will be 2 repeating frames in the "60" cycle instead of 1......

Associate
msi afterburner server tool box has fps limiter

it makes almost every game thats poorly coded but you can run well mostly run butter smooth :cool:

old games that almost run too fast 200-300fps also benefit huge amounts with no page tear which ive even seen on vsync before!

Just tried this method with an old game (Guild Wars 1). I was getting in the region of 500 fps with v-sync off.

So I turned v-sync on. I ran up close to a stairs and stopped just in front of it. Then I moved the player camera up and down. I could very clearly notice a tearing band making its way across the whole width of the screen.

So I forced triple buffering and 59 FPS with Radeon Pro (latest BETA build 1.1.1.0). Available here!

Et voila..... tearing is completely gone!
icon14.gif

Back
Top Bottom