How to RMA to Maxtor?

Associate
I bought a Maxtor drive from a competitor (silly me) a while ago, and only recently had the chance to try it out due to various stuff going on in my life. But it turned out faulty. My system can't even detect it. But after I RMA'd it they denied there was anything wrong with it, charged me extra, and sent it back to me. I have since tried it in another PC and it's not only still not being detected, but it's also making horrible loud ticking noises at bootup, and crashing whatever PC it's attached to.

Looking at Maxtor's site there doesn't appear to be a UK site so any Support links I follow just point me to America. Anyone know how I'd go about returning it to Maxtor in the UK?

And please don't bother with the "Maxtor suxx0rz!" posts - this is the first of 7 Maxtors I've had that ever went wrong. I just need help in not having wasted £105 (and now an extra £23) on a dead drive.

Unless I'm being really dense and there's a compatibility problem between the DiamondMax 11 range and VIA Chipsets?

Associate
OP
I've just noticed the drive is damaged - I never noticed before so either they sold it to me that way or they damaged it before returning it to me as 'working'. This pretty much means there's no point RMA-ing it to Maxtor now doesn't it? In fact I can't see any options at all other than write it off as dead money. :(

Back
Top Bottom