How To Tell A Quattro?

Associate
Hiya,

Does anyone know how you can physically (apart from log book / vehicle papers / badges) define an Audi Quattro from a non quattro model?

Where can the additonal hardware be seen? This specfically concerns a 2004 A4 model.

Thanks for any replies :D

MANICS

Yeah tried that and turned off ESP too!
Um, when I look under the car all I see is silver panelling....

Trying to find what Quattro looks like under the car on google.

My car of about 18 months.
I got it privatley from a guy who got it used from an Audi forecourt. I called them (Poole Audi), gave them the plate and they told me it was Quattro....but, I dunno I have my doubts and it's just always niggled me.

I'm happy with the car and I'm not planning to sell, I'd just like to know for sure!

Look under the rear of the car, there should be a shaft coming from each wheel going into a metal box in the middle. If there's nothing going from one side to the other, or just a thin anti roll bar, it'll be FWD.

Yeah tried that and turned off ESP too!
Um, when I look under the car all I see is silver panelling....

Trying to find what Quattro looks like under the car on google.

Look for the driveshafts going into the rear wheels then. There isnt any panelling covering the rear suspension. Or look under the car in the middle for the propshaft, you will need to get right under it though to see it.

I am pretry sure a Quattro A4 should have two exhausts one on each side of the car rather than a double one on one side. What engine is it ? some only ever came in Quattro like the 3L petrol or 3L TDI.

It's a 1.8T S-Line.
It has an exhaust either side.

That doesnt mean its quattro. Some of the Audi body kits added an exhaust either side.

Im pretty sure there will be a quattro badge on the passenger side of the dash if it is a quattro.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom