HP DM1

Associate
Anyone still using their DM1?

Mine is still my only portable machine and it gets loads of use.

Anyone made any interesting mods? I'm really wanting to improve the cooling - the back is completely solid, no air vents at all.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to how I could improve things?

Also, the Fan Blower - would cutting a hole directly over it improve its performance?

Tried that with mine, made no noticeable difference.

Associate
Tried that with mine, made no noticeable difference.

Interesting - did you measure it with software, or just what you felt?

I've just done a 2hr Prime95 test - temps hit 69C

Took the back off, and its peaking at 65C now - that tells me there's potential for cutting some holes in this case...

Soldato
Finally ventured into the netbook realm with the DM1Z-4300 and I can't wait till it arrives.

15x2zqr.jpg

6q8w1u.jpg
I had a difficult decision choosing between the DM1Z-4300 and the one year newer model DM1-4310nr (with USB 3.0 and a SIM card slot for 4G). I'd read a 'Wired' review reporting a 10% drop in performance and a dimmer screen accounting for the improved battery life so went for the older model which was modified with 6GB of RAM.

Associate
Well, that's the end of my DP DM1 4125ea.

It has been sold............ to my father. So no doubt I'll see it again soon.

What a superb laptop it was considering its age. The AMD APUs are barely faster now than they were back then. The E-450 really was an excellent chip - blew the Atoms out of the water.

Soldato
Shame about the DREADFUL BIOS!

I can't believe in this day and age it would prevent you from multi-boot and even block boot CDs. Disgusting.

Associate
Sorry for replying back to such an old thread.

Anyone have some suggestions on a good 256GB SSD to use in the HP DM1-4175sa? Still like using this laptop, but feel some extra performance would be beneficial.

Thanks

Associate
Well, that's the end of my DP DM1 4125ea.

It has been sold............ to my father. So no doubt I'll see it again soon.

What a superb laptop it was considering its age. The AMD APUs are barely faster now than they were back then. The E-450 really was an excellent chip - blew the Atoms out of the water.
And @WoodieXP thought his bump was bad - here goes

My dad had finally migrated to a new laptop I bought him on Black Friday. 2018. Yep, its already over a year old before actually being used in anger. He's replacing his laptop and desktop (don't even ask!) with it.
So I'll be getting my trusty old HP DM1 back to refurb and sell on. Apparently its still working great and as of this afternoon, has windows 10 on it.

Back
Top Bottom