HP LP2475w, IPS 24" Official Thread! (Now Available from OcUK)

Associate
Thanks a bunch for the advice, I didn't know about the extended warranties!! As far as calibration goes, are the ICC files from tftcentral a good place to start from if your a newbie? Or should I just do what my eyes think?

Soldato
Thanks a bunch for the advice, I didn't know about the extended warranties!! As far as calibration goes, are the ICC files from tftcentral a good place to start from if your a newbie? Or should I just do what my eyes think?

The HP U7937E Care Pack will extend the warranty to 5 years onsite NBD. It's available in the UK for about £22 including 20% sales tax. At current exchange rates that’s about $35 US.

When I had a single screen I was able to manually setup the screen so I was happy.

With multiple screens I was never able to get them to match each other well enough so that they didn’t annoy me. I was working with three screens of different ages and with different firmware revisions. Entering the same values into the three screens resulted in three very different results.

I ended buying a x-rite i1 Display 2 calibrator (now EOL) which fixed the problem.

Associate
I will have mine next week, ill put a pic up then, but I can show you what it will be connected to.

000_0258.jpg

hd58701.png

And this is the desk

cm228.png

Soldato
I might post a picture of my set of three after the weekend. My office definitely needs a good tidy up before I could take any photographs.

The picture below looks like it was taken just after a good tidying, there even appear to be some residual vacuuming marks in the carpet. The effect is slightly spoilt by the half full waste basket in the middle of the frame.

Associate
I might post a picture of my set of three after the weekend. My office definitely needs a good tidy up before I could take any photographs.

The picture below looks like it was taken just after a good tidying, there even appear to be some residual vacuuming marks in the carpet. The effect is slightly spoilt by the half full waste basket in the middle of the frame.

Lmao!!! You caught me!!! I took this pic when I finished my "VOoDOo Media" mod, and yes I did vacum that day! I actually went behind the desk and preformed some wiremanagement on everything as well, I'm talking zip ties and even those screw on wire holders!

Soldato
My 26" TV died that served as my secondary display alongside my LP2475w. :(

Oh well, another LP2475w for me then :D

dual_LP2485w.jpg

Tempted to mount both on VESA adjustable wall/desk mounts but cannot justify the extra cost at the moment. Maybe I can try buy a dual arm one 2nd hand from work. Mhhm, tempted to do a fully space themed wallpaper on both monitors and on the TouchPad, would look pretty win no? :D

Last edited:
Soldato
You can pick some up pretty cheap, but I don't like cheap when it's supporting £600+ worth of kit!

Requiring all 3 axis of adjustment adds price also (x,y,z). Reckon £100-200 for a good quality dual arm desk based mount that could support 2x24" + required reinforcement of desk as a mounting point.

y axis adjustment is a little harder to find on wall based mounts I think. Going to have to ask where my work gets the ones we use from. Full xyz adjustment and full 360degree rotation if needed.

Last edited:
Associate
Might look into that Chase, but first I gotta get the bezels off!

Well I tried my best, but it is really hard to take good pics of this. I cant just put a white backround behind like I can with parts! Anywho here are some pics of the new eyeinfinity setup.

000_0269.jpg

000_0264.jpg

000_0261.jpg

Next week I am going to get those dam bezels off!!!!

Back
Top Bottom