HP 'new' ZR24w

Associate
How soon is soon enough? I just cant wait :( Ive been looking for a good 24" monitor for a while and had my hear set on the HP LP2475w until I heard of this monitor.

Associate
Man of Honour
My HP contacts say it'll likely be mid march before it turns up widespread availability in the UK, though some places might have limited stock before then. That said, it's a high performance screen designed to be paired with the Z series workstations, do not expect it to be cheap...

Associate
OP
Being as I want 3 I dont want to spend more than £900max (£300 each). If not, I will look at the Samsung 2443BW and use an active DP cable for Eyefinity 'which is what I want'. Only thing is, I think the Sansung 2443BW has been discontinued or at least replaced by the 2433 which looks crap. 'Im after 1920x1200'.

Associate
My HP contacts say it'll likely be mid march before it turns up widespread availability in the UK, though some places might have limited stock before then. That said, it's a high performance screen designed to be paired with the Z series workstations, do not expect it to be cheap...

But from what i've seen it doesn't support the same array of inputs as their flagship models do so I would expect it to be a bit cheaper?

Man of Honour
But from what i've seen it doesn't support the same array of inputs as their flagship models do so I would expect it to be a bit cheaper?

Unlikely in my opinion, it's designed to compliment the workstation range rather than offer consumers connection options. Paired with a workstation there's no point integrating 5 different inputs of various types when 95% of users don't care as long as it's got a DVI/displayport.

I suspect it'll be around the £350-400 mark at best for end user purchases, I don't know anybody at HP who can say for sure...

Associate
I meant March sorry, not sure why I typed April :S. Anyway, most say end of Feb/March time, a couple of supposed "inside" sources quoted on the HardOCP forums, although take that with a pinch of salt.

Associate
lol :p:p:D i think thats the same with most forum "inside sources"

Indeed lol, the price point on flatpanelshd is intriguing though. Although best not get carried away with expecting it to be at that price-point, as the direct $ -> £ conversion rate is not inclusive of "milk the British" levy.

Back
Top Bottom