HTC Androids Horizon

Caporegime
Yeah that's looking very nice. How much of an issue is the graphics likely to be? Is the Tegra etc GPUs really that much better?

I also am not concerned about the 3D display either. So I think I'll be going for the Pyramid rather than the Evo 3D.

Fair point about the cases. I probably won't have a case on my new phone then. How about screen protectors? How easy are modern phone screens to scratch?

Just get a slip instead (soft sock type thing). :)

I couldn't agree more!
Manufactures have ploughed so much money in to 3D now can't let it go, from reading around the net it seems not everyone is bothered about 3D.
I remember reading something a while ago where they surveyed a couple of thousand people in Japan (I think it was) and nearly 70% said they didn't want 3D and we know what they are like fo early adopters of tech.

Most people aren't bothered by more powerful processor or more RAM either but companies still ram them in! Just because you don't like tech doesn't mean everyone doesn't. In fact I'd love to see a phone with 3D, see what it's like.

Man of Honour
Most people aren't bothered by more powerful processor or more RAM either but companies still ram them in! Just because you don't like tech doesn't mean everyone doesn't. In fact I'd love to see a phone with 3D, see what it's like.

If it looks anything like the 3DS, its nothing special.

It doesn't provide a 'proper' 3D effect like you'd get with glasses on and a decent TV setup, it just looks funny at different angles. I personally consider it a gimmick. Having a decent dual core CPU and the hardware to record smooth 1080p quality video for example is far from a gimmick.

I think Samsung have got it right really, a cracking screen with SAMOLED+ and then beef up the hardware like they have with the SGS2.

The problem Android manufacturers have is that they are hanging on technical terms far too much, 99% of people dont care about what is inside, just what the phone/tablet can do.

Apple for example, will just call something faster, and people will know its faster, they dont care beyond that. Android manufacturers need to start demonstrating the capabilities of the things they are making instead of banging on about the hardware which is outdated before its even released anyway.

The EVO 3D looks a nice phone, and I've made a thread so we can follow it properly, but its largely a pointless device in many ways.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
A slip is a good idea. I've used a screen protector on my current phone since I've had it as well and it's never caused me any issues.

The SAMOLED screens look really nice, I've yet to see one in the flesh yet though.

Robbo - you make some very good points. I care about internals in as much as I know my current iPhone 3G is not fast enough - I want a faster CPU and significantly more RAM. Though 416MHz and 128MB RAM is not hard to beat these days.

Hopefully we'll see some more information about Pyramid soon. The Evo 3D doesn't really interest me for the reasons people have already stated.

Back
Top Bottom