***HTC Magic Thread***

My m8's away to pick his up today, but he says he's sticking with his Storm and has offered me the HTC, no idea what its worth or anything, or even if I want it! I only have a basic contract with Vodafone just now, no browsing etc, so i'd prolly need all that with that phone wouldnt i?

Nice work on the Streeview motion sensing view!

My Magic is awaiting processing as Voda have still not processed the return on the Nokia 5800 !

£35 a month, 2GB SD card + 8GB card free.

Nice!

How long do Voda take to transfer numbers then?
When I ordered I put in my old number and PAC code for them to transfer.

Got a SIM with the phone but I get no service from it, so my HTC is currently sat doing nowt :(

How long do Voda take to transfer numbers then?
When I ordered I put in my old number and PAC code for them to transfer.

Got a SIM with the phone but I get no service from it, so my HTC is currently sat doing nowt :(

i thought all of them were generally around 3 working days?

Got mine yesterday loving it so far. Keyboard took abit of getting used to but getting used to it now, typing this with it now whilst on the tram. I didn't really like the look of the phone from the pictures it was the android excitement that led me to order it but its actually very pretty in real life. Android is just as nice as I had hoped getting along with it just fine definitely so far so good.

Saw a demo one of these today. Was quite interested. Then found out it was an 18 month contract only so delighted in telling the really keen salesman that 18 months was a dealbreaker and walked out. I abhor 18 month contracts.

Mine just arrived! :D Just charging atm, it looks very very nice and is smaller than I expected too!

TBH if i want to take pictures a dedicated camera blows mobile phones away, I know theres opportunist shots to take but having a decent flash or one that actually is worthwhile is a feature I can live without.

Headphone socket is a valid point though. Im still interested in this handset as my contract is almost up, so keeping an eye on this thread.

The lack of 3.5mm jack is poor but I only ever use my mp3 player to listen to music anyway so it wasn't an issue for me. Again, if you're looking for the phone with the best camera, this isn't it. Everything else is pretty damn good though! :)

Well it's ordered!

Due to issues in them sending me a returns pack for the Nokia the nice Stoke lass at the other end of the phone tonight set up a collect and drop off for the HTC Magic on Friday.

I've also gotten a dealy off them on my current contract which based on my usage is perfect - 125minutes xnet + stop clock (rolls over too) - 250 texts - + internet package for £24.45 a month on an 18month contract (realised my current contract does not end until October!).

Normally you'd have to pay a one off charge for the phone @ £100 on such a tariff but she dropped that to £49.

I will be using the phone mainly for text and emails so the 125 minutes is not a prob for me, saves £10 a month too compared to the standard tariff!

Looking forward to it now :D

I'm sure adapters will be released 3rd party to enable 3.5mm headphones like Sony Ericsson phones too - if not then no real biggy, I'm getting it for the web features and Google connectivity mainly and that swish GUI!

Edit*

Lol, 3.5mm adapters already out for the Magic, check the bay :p

Very cheap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom