HTC Vive slashes price permanently to $599

Soldato
Have you read the Rift threads?

So that's a no then.

I have 360 tracking with two sensors (set up in less than a couple of minutes), and apart from a using a couple of USB extension cables (non issue), none of your criticisms apply to me and plenty of others.
The things you listed aren't required essentials.

Not sure why you're being so toxic, or why you feel the need to **** on a competing product with zero experience of it, but you do whatever makes you feel better about your purchase.

Personally, I think it's a great thing that these price drops are making it easier for more people to get into VR and it doesn't matter which headset they get.
What isn't great is the usual elitist BS...

Last edited:
Don
The updated headstrap seems to have fixed that issue massively. All of my friends have upgraded to the new headstrap and say the difference is incredible, it feels like a different headset.

Soldato
The updated headstrap seems to have fixed that issue massively. All of my friends have upgraded to the new headstrap and say the difference is incredible, it feels like a different headset.
Its better than the stock strap but it still puts quite a lot of pressure on my forehead so after a long session my face aches. The rift on the otherhand is so comfy I can forget I have it on.

You're doing it wrong, you can't like both! One has to be better than the other!! Get out of this thread, and take your sensible reasoning with you!!! :p
Your right one is better at certain games than the other, and the other is better at certain games than the other also. :p

Associate
I received and email today about the price reduction.
Starting today, we are reducing the price of the VIVE VR System to $599 in the US, $799 in Canada, €699 in Europe, £599 in Great Britain and with pricing reductions that vary by region elsewhere.
Im still happy with my rift but its nice to see the price dropping on both sides :)

Associate
So that's a no then.

I have 360 tracking with two sensors (set up in less than a couple of minutes), and apart from a using a couple of USB extension cables (non issue), none of your criticisms apply to me and plenty of others.
The things you listed aren't required essentials.

Not sure why you're being so toxic, or why you feel the need to **** on a competing product with zero experience of it, but you do whatever makes you feel better about your purchase.

Personally, I think it's a great thing that these price drops are making it easier for more people to get into VR and it doesn't matter which headset they get.
What isn't great is the usual elitist BS...
Oh please. Rift users go ballistic at the mere insinuation of their device being subpar in any department. Get off your high horse.

Soldato
Please continue to rely on toxic ad hominem, rather than actually respond to what's been said.

If you can't stand hearing things that don't match with your opinion, perhaps internet forums aren't for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oh please. Rift users go ballistic at the mere insinuation of their device being subpar in any department. Get off your high horse.

But, that's not what you do. You completely exaggerate all the issues that the Rift has, even going so far as to call it a dead device and that you wouldn't recommend anyone waste money by buying one.

Associate
All that comes out of his mouth is what I normally flush down my Armitage Shanks. Just ignore him, can't be doing with people like that.

Soldato
Ive not tried the rift. I have a vive I got at launch.

Problem with rift is its Facebook and palmer, I wouldn't want them to have my money.

No idea why I wrote this...so don't bother replying...I won't be back.

Associate
Many are clearly trying to justify their purchase by constantly spewing the same rhetoric about Facebook.

Whether you like it or not, Oculus pioneered VR, and Facebook brought it to the mainstream with the recent Summer Sale. They continue to show love to developers by funding innovative projects, and consumers benefit from first party exclusives that fully utilize the platform.

The walled garden argument is something of a contradiction, because Steam is just glorified DRM. Besides, I've seen many SteamVR games forgo Oculus support, or treat it as an afterthought.

So much for being impartial, eh? ;)

Back
Top Bottom