Huawei P10 and P10 Plus

Soldato
Not at those prices, I appreciate they're very well-specced but that's a lot of money for what can only be considered a "lesser" brand.

I'll be interested to see what the Honor 8 Pro is like.

Associate
I currently have a Huawei P8 (not lite) which I got at launch, contracts up and I was waiting for the P10 and P10 plus.

I pay £21 a month and paid zero toward the phone, I am willing to pay a little more for a larger phone.

Both these phones price wise just seem crazy to be honest, I know the P10 is better, so it should be it's two years newer, but I cannot see how it's worth double.

There are too many little compromises I find with my P8 to consider these sort of phones flagships.

Soldato
I'm interested the P10 line up, but the current contract prices are a joke for any phone (IMO at least), handset only prices are high but par for the course it seems these days. Will see what happens to the prices once the S8 and G6 are fully released in the UK...

Soldato
Reasonable retention deal from the numeric network, so getting one delivered on Friday... borrowed P9 was pretty decent, so we'll see what the end of the week brings! Frankly, even with EMUI, I'd rather one of these than anything Samsung...

Good stuff, let us know your thoughts.

To be fair with Nova etc available the default launcher stuff really doesn't come into it for me any more.

Soldato
I found emui fine apart from the lack of app drawer which is easily fixed with nova launcher.

But I believe they've reinstated the app drawer on the latest version anyway.

Soldato
If it's anything like the P9, I'll pass. Not that I've had any problems with mine as such, I just find it a bit mediocre.

Associate
OP
I'm pretty attracted to the phones, but yeah I think price point is too high. I'd want to wait for more reviews as well, camera seems quite hit and miss.

P10 plus camera also doesn't seem to be much better than the P10 as well, which is disappointing.

Works out I can get a pixel or s7 edge for cheaper per month, which makes it hard to justify the P10.

Soldato
Cant see how paying that price for a "Chinese" makes any sense, i would only but a Chinese phone at the budget end. Ive had a OP3 and S7 this gen and the only phone i would swap them for is the Xiaomi Mi MIX Ultimate

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom