Huawei P10 and P10 Plus

Associate
Oh you could actually have preordered the honor 8 pro off amazon. I know as I had one preordered but then changed my mind and cancelled it on amazon. I guess they have sold out of their stock.

Associate
In the end the camera made me cancel it. Did lots of research on various phones and wanted a good quality camera for future memories of my family. All i want is a long lasting phone with a good camera. Looks like an S8 it is.

Mate 9 is not too bad but horrendously overpriced in the uk.
P10 and P10 plus are also overpriced.

Soldato
Putting a black case on just doesn't cut it. Huawei/Honor shouldn't have gimped the UK launch with just the blue release in the first place. As I said before there's consumers out there that don't want a blue phone.

Either way it doesn't matter as I bought a P10 Plus at a discounted price which I'm very happy with.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Putting a black case on just doesn't cut it. Huawei/Honor shouldn't have gimped the UK launch with just the blue release in the first place. As I said before there's consumers out there that don't want a blue phone.

Either way it doesn't matter as I bought a P10 Plus at a discounted price which I'm very happy with.

Would be interested in your feedback regarding the P10 (battery, camera, size comfort etc). I am still stuck between P10, P10 Plus and LG G6. Don't think the Galaxy S8 is doing it for me

Associate

Can I ask how much and was it sim free ?

Soldato
Would be interested in your feedback regarding the P10 (battery, camera, size comfort etc). I am still stuck between P10, P10 Plus and LG G6. Don't think the Galaxy S8 is doing it for me

I've gone from a OP3T to the Huawei P10 Plus. Speed and battery wise the OP3T is slightly better but the P10 Plus is no slouch and does everything very well. I have no regrets moving to the device as the camera is much better and the SD slot is a bonus as I'm running a total of 256Gb in memory. I also like EMUI as I have been a long term Huawei user and aside from the Mate 9 the P10 Plus is Huawei's best device yet. The speakers are nice and loud as well...Front facing ear piece and bottom firing speaker set up.

I don't regret buying the P10 Plus at all.
Can I ask how much and was it sim free ?

I had £60 vouchers from VMall which brought it down to £589.99 SIM free

Associate
got my p10 Tuesday for just over 500£(sim free).
I'm moving from a samsung galaxy alpha (2+ year old). Size wise, it's a bit taller, it's perfect to use in 1 hand, which is somewhat of a must for me.
It moves very fast, emui seems nice enough.
build quality is very good, seems around the same if not better (subjective opinion) of my gf's S7 edge.
It's loud enough.
Fingerprint reader is stupidly fast.

Soldato

Probably a better choice anyway, the 8 Pro stock has been delayed again and won't arrive until next week now. :(

Associate
OP
I purchased the P10 Plus, after much deliberation! Enjoying it so far ☺️

I was aware of the storage speed scandal before buying. Fortunately I have UFS 2.0. I can live with the middle ground

Soldato
Picked up a P10 plus for just over £450 and took a bit of a shine to it, impressed with the camera, especically monochrome shots. Picked up this carpet case to give it a bit of protection :)

2cAKh2pm.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys.. I'm thinking of upgrading to the 10plus. And wondering if its worth it? Currently got a note 4. But its getting slow and does random reboots.. Overall I heard the phones amazing. But... Also heard its got issues once the factory default screen protector comes off it becomes a smudge magnet?

And is the camera decent?

Just wondering if you guys can share some light?

Cheers

Associate
If I see one cheap I think i'll pick one up just to have an android phone and replace my battered android phone, seeing as I look to be sticking with iPhone.

But things like lack of olephobic coating is mind boggling - but I read all newer manufactured versions should have one, but If I buy used theres no gurantee.

Soldato
I got a P10 lite on (what I consider) a good pay monthly deal*. It's effectively a completely different phone to the P10 but I'm really enjoying it so far. The CPU holds its own against mid range CPUs (better than mid range poster boy Moto G5) but the GPU is slightly lacking (I don't game on my phone). Has NFC too unlike some mid rangers.

*£28pm for 8gb + unltd calls/texts with Spotify premium for 2 years. I already had Spotify so minus £10 for that, cheapest comparable sim-only is £12, so £6x24 for the phone, £144. Not bad in my eyes!

Soldato
I had a P10 Plus for a few months and I thought it was a very good phone. It was speedy and the UI wasn't that bad. EMUI has come leaps and bounds over the past year or so.

Thought the battery could be better as it had quite a beefy battery but it lasted through the day which was good for me.

I only got rid of the device as I'm a serial swapper of phones. It takes really good pictures and it's a great all round device.

Back
Top Bottom