1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huel: The Future of Food ..

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by Warbie, 20 Jan 2016.

1. EH75

Hitman

Sent you one through

2. bimbleuk

Wise Guy

I've been using Huel everyday day at work for ages so no problem there. I recently started to try a Hot n Spicy meal a couple of times a week. Not really for weight loss reasons just convenience and I like a couple of slices of bread on occasion too.

Couple of the flavours I tried. Tai curry & Korma actually smell better than they taste so decided to add half a small tin of Marrow fat peas and that did the trick for me. Adds a bit more substance and flavour if you're after a more filling meal.

3. StephenJ

Gangster

Thank you to Shadowness and EH75 for referrals

4. Belloni

Mobster

I've been doing this for 4 weeks now and have fully converted. I just do it in the morning for breakfast and stick to my normal eating routine but I feel so much more fuller now throughout the day and more energized. Especially when playing golf I don't start to flag towards the end now. I definitely snack less now before lunch, and in general so can't complain at all. Banana and chocolate flavours are the best, I tried the freebies of Vanilla RTD which was awful, but the Berry was more better.

5. StephenJ

Gangster

Now been doing this for 2 weeks and have switched to using skimmed milk for the shakes, happy with the vanilla black powder :)

Last edited: 13 May 2021
  6. AndyCr15

Capodecina

I've tried Black for the first time this week. Really like Strawberries and Cream, Coffee Caramel is okay.

7. DanF

Mobster

going to try using powder for breakfast as usual, mix of vanilla and plain with some fruit, and then the hot & savoury for lunch
    Korma is pretty good, just inoffensive, like a posh cupasoup with lots of extra bits

8. DeliciousStorage

Hitman

Haven't tried Huel, but I've been having Whole Fuel Blend chocolate flavor from MyProtein, which I think is very similar but much cheaper at around £0.66 for a 100g 423kcal meal. I quite like the taste and it's pretty useful for dieting to know exactly how much you're having.

9. Somnambulist

Capodecina

10. DeliciousStorage

Hitman

£50 for 1.5kg of protein powder, I knew it would be overpriced but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw it. Looks pretty similar to MP Vegan Protein Blend and Bulk Vegan Protein, which are currently £15.83 and £16.49 per 1.5kg.

Last edited: 1 Jun 2021
  11. Somnambulist

Capodecina

Yes it’s not going to drag me away from my whey/casein blend any time soon, but I appreciate the effort and it’ll probably taste less vile than most vegan protein powders.

12. Spleen Sauce

Wise Guy

Yup, ridiculous really. I'll stick to my usual PhD Smart Protein Plant, and I thought that was expensive at £12 for 500g.

13. wesimmo

Soldato

Has anyone got a referral code I can use please?

I like the look of the hot pot things.

14. MattTheTall77

Hitman

Here is a link for claiming £10 off the first order. I hope you like the hot and savoury meals. I tried the Thai and I wasn't keen, but then I have unflavoured and unsweetened Huel all the time, I'm a bit fussy about flavour and texture!

https://bit.ly/3xmsoka

15. Minusorange

Sgarrista

Can I use this stuff to replace evening meals ? And anyone have a referral ?

16. Lakeland

Soldato

17. UberTiger

Mobster

You could. The hot an savoury might be better for an evening meal. But the shake could work too if you're just counting calories. Might leave you a little wanting though. I have the shakes for lunch a lot, but then try to have decent meals in the evening, even if it's low calorie.

18. Minusorange

Sgarrista

Thanks, I'd used Matt's already just didn't realise I had to enter details before it worked

I want to reduce amount of evening meals because of my chrohns so it's not a problem if it's a little lacking as I don't eat large meals anyway

19. robj20

Capodecina

Absolutely you can replace any traditional mean with it.

20. Noxia

Sgarrista

Just got some for lunch. I have the hot and savoury mexican/thai/sweet&sour, I tried the S&S first and was not impressed, think I need to add something to make it bearable. The mexican chile I tried today I really enjoyed though, perfect as is. It will be really handy to take to work as I won't end up spending money in our onsite restaurant or Costa.
    Unfortunately I didn't see this thread first but I get a small £5 discount through my work so a little saving.