Huel: The Future of Food ..

Soldato
Despite being blended with our Ninja for 55 seconds, it's a bit powdery. Huel themselves say to blend it 3 hours beforehand and leave it in the fridge though, so I will try that for tomorrow.
Wait, that sounds all wrong. I’ve got a bog standard nutribullet and Black is mixed in a 10second pulse of the thing. I’ve never had powder residue. Is your Ninja an elec hand mixer or something?

I’d be interested in your opinions of the Katsu pots. I was going to order a box for my next order but I chickened out and went for savoury, which has more servings…

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't even blend it and not had a hint of it being powdery. Just shake it for 10 seconds.

I do that too. It’s mostly mixed though not 100%.

My Huel Greens turned up today. Doesn’t taste great, but maybe I needed to shake the bag a bit. I’m hoping it’s a good substitute for the vegetables I can’t eat atm (Crohn’s).

I’m really enjoying the banana and the chocolate flavours of the powder. Makes a decent lunch.

Soldato
I don't blend, I just make it the night before and to me it's smooth. I just realised I don't know which product we're talking about, but Black is so fine, surely there's no need to blend if you shake it well enough?

Soldato
I shake black in a huel bottle, but instead of the plastic grid I have a wire mixing ball in the bottle.

10 second shake and leave it about 10 minutes before I drink, never any issues.

Soldato
Always leave it in the fridge for an hour at least. This lets the air bubble settle out of it, otherwise you're gulping down loads of air which has to come out at some point, usually with a pretty pungent aroma particularly with the high protein black edition.

In the fridge overnight for me, better texture.

Soldato

Huel Black RTD is a thing now :)
I’ll stick to the pouches and the dust cloud associated with opening one lol

Caporegime
I can’t believe they made them with seed oils with how often Bartlett has someone on diary of a ceo telling us to avoid seed oils like the plague.

I’d only ever have RTD in an absolute emergency, all the extra rubbish that has to be inserted to have it bind and stay smooth isn’t worth the convenience.

Soldato
Don't know what's in the banana one but it doesn't agree with me!
My normal order is one vanilla black and one chocolate black every four weeks but I end up being shy for about two days so this time added the banana, really wasn't a good idea :eek:

Back
Top Bottom