Huskies!

Permabanned
kahn if you do your research you will find that pinch collars are less damaging than any other collar, the dog will learn not to pull on its lead thus not causing any damage where as with a normal collar it will continue to pull on it. my male husky is an expert at slipping collars so i think i will stick with what ive got dont fancy him turning into road kill thank you

Soldato
kahn if you do your research you will find that pinch collars are less damaging than any other collar, the dog will learn not to pull on its lead thus not causing any damage where as with a normal collar it will continue to pull on it. my male husky is an expert at slipping collars so i think i will stick with what ive got dont fancy him turning into road kill thank you

It's still a brutal practice, regardless of your feelings on it, if your dog is slipping his collar then its down to the collar you are putting on him.

And if you want to see the damage caused by pinch collars just google it, I have even seen reports of people sharpening the spikes on their pinch collars.

Going to stop there before I go into a rant.

KaHn

Caporegime
Kahns probably one of the most clued up member on this forum regarding dogs matey :p

A decent half check will keep your dog under control, if your dogs escaping from it, it isnt being fitted properly, the coat makes no difference if you put it on the dogs neck as opposed to around its fur

GAC

GAC

Soldato
as i said before bjorkis are the best, its a well padded semi slip. so if you have the correct size it will only get so small on the neck, so it restricts but doesnt fully choke.
iv got a malamute and to be honest if she was on a normal chain choker she'd probably have killed herself by now.

http://www.bjorkis.com/default.aspx?PageNr=77

pheebs on mal's though they are a good dog, but probably the worst of the sled type dogs for training and having there own will :D
gotten my little bundle of fur to learn a few commands but id never let her off outside as she'd be off having a good run around looking for something to play with.
shedding wise its a mess but only lasts a few weeks as oposed to some dogs which seem to shed for months.

harneses are great but make sure you have it fitted correctly as they can back out of them sometimes, and if you have a strong willed dog get a belt to hook your lead on to, and make sure your leads at least 6ft long or you'l end up with a very tired arm :p

still love our mutt even if she can be a pain when she's in a mood, just be prepaired for things to get chewed now and again, ours seems to have a thing for cable tie downs (the little plastic things with a nail on them that hold wires down) but dosnt go for the cable.

and one last thing for anyone looking at a sledtype dog, there working dogs so need to be walked and walked hard, hence a belts a good idea so they can drag you around and burn off all there energy. and there very social so if there going to be left in the house 8+ hours a day alone get a cat not a husky/mal or your home will be detroyed.

Caporegime
we've got something like this: 8Xq1d.jpg

Bit mroe robust ours is mind, ie everything is metal as opposed to plastic otherwise it'd snap, it slips over there head, you tighten it up, then it doesn't come off....:p

GAC

GAC

Soldato
yeah similar to the bjorkis ones, on the link i posted iv got the padded version at the top as they have that bit extra padding so less chance of choking to the point of damaging themselves.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I put a slip lead on my dog for a while, but he was just too stupid to figure it out and so just kept choking himself.. he has a harness now. I swear he has a bit of husky in him as it all he wants to do is pull me along despite being small.

He also loves the snow.
IMG_0737.jpg

Soldato

Or maybe get a harness instead and not choke the hell out of the poor dog :confused:

I'm with KaHn on this, choke (Pinch lolZ talk about sugar coating!) collars are cruel and totally unnecessary just like their evil big brother 'Shock' collars.

For people who don't take their Huskies off the lead then I strongly recommend and encourage that you buy yourself a super long
100 ft Nylon Dog training lead (£20 ebay). This will then allow you to let the dog run properly in a field but at the same time enable you to bring the dog back under control very quickly if need be.

Have some more piccys :)

I WILL eat your Soul!!!!
FC43r.jpg

Foxie with her 100ft lead on so that she can run around with the other dogs without us worrying that she will run off and get run over.
YLsBM.jpg

Foxie and CoCoa (In her doggy coat as she's not built for the cold!)
VLpTZ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom