OP
Here ya go some pic's of Hydra:)

Pre install

122.jpg

Thrown together, note the coolers overhang the first memory slot on each bank:(

123.jpg

Couldn't resist:D

124.jpg

Sorry about the size of the pics they are from a while ago when i first set her up.

Associate
OP
Regarding power it has 4 connectors three under the yellow tags, had to get pcie to atx converter cables to power the thing up or it trips the overcurrent on the Hx1000 psu:eek:

32GB was the easy way to get quad channel per cpu and if i ever run einstein on it that uses about 250mb per instance:cool:

Cpu's are opteron 6176se 12 core at 2.3ghz thats 48 cores of folding goodness, on the current workunit ( 6900 bigadv ) thats 09.03 frame time and 224500ppd according to HFM.

Mr Biffa may know better but its the fastest ive seen on bigadv:D

I realy hope Bulldozer turns out to be kickass as the 16 core opteron version should drop into this with only a bios upgrade:)

Soldato
Freakin awesome is what that is sir!!! 224,500ppd :eek: Do you know how much power it is drawing from the wall?

Can't wait to see that bad boy water cooled, I hope your going to put a lot of thought in to which way the tubes connect the cpu blocks :D

Associate
OP
Pulled the trigger on the water the other day after getting her running stable with a desk fan blowing into the case:D

Should arrive today, hope I didn't miss anything in the order:confused:

Not as cheap as i had hoped but then quad sockets never going to be cheap:(

Associate
OP
32 Gig of ram, its in an old Codegen S-201 that was my server for several years.

Ive modified the case extensively to take two rads a 420 and 280, made a custom tray to take this board and lots of other bits and bobs:)

Permabanned
Regarding power it has 4 connectors three under the yellow tags, had to get pcie to atx converter cables to power the thing up or it trips the overcurrent on the Hx1000 psu:eek:

32GB was the easy way to get quad channel per cpu and if i ever run einstein on it that uses about 250mb per instance:cool:

Cpu's are opteron 6176se 12 core at 2.3ghz thats 48 cores of folding goodness, on the current workunit ( 6900 bigadv ) thats 09.03 frame time and 224500ppd according to HFM.

Mr Biffa may know better but its the fastest ive seen on bigadv:D

I realy hope Bulldozer turns out to be kickass as the 16 core opteron version should drop into this with only a bios upgrade:)

what do you do for a liveing.... :O

Back
Top Bottom