I cheated and discovered many people are stupid

Caporegime
bakes0310 said:
my one eye is on you now.

a719.gif

Soldato
nokinidea said:
You have got to give me the link to that video.. :D
Lol, I was reading the comments to an N-Dubz video, I've been ill and been sat around watching rubbish music channels and I couldn't work out if this band was a mick-take or not, the comments are full of 13-15 year old girls wanting to be black and ghetto, I merely found that the Austrian guy's comment was the only one I could understand and his was a response to her. :p

Luckily this self proclaimed Muslim with a Glock from Camden Town "bang bang" has no videos and only makes comments on her favourite Akon, N-Dubz and London Grime music videos. Youtube profile names to watch out for: NorfW3stSoulja and norfwesthunni

Quite like these comments on the same video:
ma gals real cuz she no fake head that the size ziro init love that gal this vids jk slapin up other youts lmao jk its sik love 2 all iv left a message on most of the vids proves my love 4 n-dubz god when my lofts done 4 my room its gona be all bout n-dubs i dont care dream is 2 meet emm all xxxlove 2 all
gufaw.
If you do not copy and paste this onto 10 videos your mom will die in 4 hours
:p

Man of Honour
Azagoth said:
You know that class that was usually pencilled in as 'English' on the timetable? That's where you learned how to use grammar, punctuation and generally how to communicate in English.
I learned the basics from my mother before I went to school. A fairly well educated five year old should have a better grasp of English than many adolescents and young adults do today.

Caporegime
bakes0310 said:
Omg no offense but most of you sound like snobs i couldnt care less if someone spoke with bad english as long as i can understand them.

You mean typed. ;)

It's just rudeness to waste peoples time making them decipher a post, txt is not acceptable when you have a keyboard in front of you. A moderator can't moderate posts that he can't read.

Man of Honour
bakes0310 said:
Omg no offense but most of you sound like snobs i couldnt care less if someone spoke with bad english as long as i can understand them.
Bad English isn't the problem. The problem is the deliberate degradation of language, the freely made choice to replace a language suitable for conveying the complexities of human communication with a simple language suitable only for conveying simple messages in a particularly ugly way.

Human languages are complex for good reasons. Without that complexity, it is impossible to communicate complex thoughts and concepts. In time, it will become impossible to consciously think them, as we use language for conscious thinking. Language is an essential part of civilisation. There is also the the matter of literature, but it would be pointless to bring that up in an argument like this one.

We are apes, but we don't have to bring our minds down to the level of other apes.

Permabanned
Angilion said:
I learned the basics from my mother before I went to school. A fairly well educated five year old should have a better grasp of English than many adolescents and young adults do today.

No doubt as did the majority of us who take pride in speaking and typing in correct English?

I remember nearly all of my 1st year Junior School class having the ability to read the books we were provided, and my 1st year of Junior School was back in '77! :)

Associate
Angilion said:
Bad English isn't the problem. The problem is the deliberate degradation of language, the freely made choice to replace a language suitable for conveying the complexities of human communication with a simple language suitable only for conveying simple messages in a particularly ugly way.

Human languages are complex for good reasons. Without that complexity, it is impossible to communicate complex thoughts and concepts. In time, it will become impossible to consciously think them, as we use language for conscious thinking. Language is an essential part of civilisation. There is also the the matter of literature, but it would be pointless to bring that up in an argument like this one.

We are apes, but we don't have to bring our minds down to the level of other apes.

Well said!

Back
Top Bottom