1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I fancy a new online FPS game, which to buy

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by DONOHUE07, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Aloreth

Wise Guy

Good on ya - I feel that the forum needs more people shouting about how good TF2 is

edit - must admit I do plan on buying BF1 at some point

2. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Overwatch, hopefully this is slathered with game of the year awards we will see. It has something for everyone imo

Titanfall 2 is great, seems deeper than the original but similar formula

Bf1 is great, just slower paced of the othe 2 mentioned

3. DrToffnar

Mobster

Titanfall 2 get's my vote every time.

Whilst BF1 is certainly an improvement over it's predecessors in a lot of ways, as a player it lacks that sense of place and importance that Titanfall 2 has in spades.

It's in a league of it's own as far as I'm concerned.

4. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Great choice imo

Happy to see cod sales are down 48.5% over last years release. Hope tf2 and bf1 hurt it a bit

It still out sold both of those mind but could finally be the start of its downfall

5. maonayze

Wise Guy

I got BF1 and I am thoroughly enjoying it. You cant beat bolt action rifles and Bi-planes. However, I have heard great things about Titanfall 2 and my son has it and says its a cracker. Hope it does well because so far all the reviews are saying its a good FPS. As usual the COD arcade shooter out sells them but to me it lost it's way after the original Modern Warfare (That is why they had to revamp it, to keep people coming back).

COD needs a change of direction and a complete overhaul or they need to bury it and come out with a new IP. At the very least it needs an updated engine. My lad has also got R6 Siege and he likes that too. :)

6. agnes

Capodecina

Overwatch for longevity.

BF1 for random stints of fun.

7. Kosmiche

Perma Banned

BF1 is a great game, apart from the weird "boss vehicles" like the train and giant zeppelins, they cheapen the experience imo.

8. Worthy

Underboss

Those and the "elite" classes. Apart from that it's the most fun I've had with an FPS in years, brilliant game. :)

9. Nevakonaza

Mobster

Not out yet but "Escape from Tarkov" looks very promising. :)

Like mentioned BF1 looks very nice too,But its just a snipe fest tbh,i find it annoying to be honest,Id much rather play BF4.

10. DONOHUE07

Wise Guy

Escape from tarkov looks promising, I have been following it.

Glad I didn't buy Siege now, played it for a few hours on the free weekend, I didn't enjoy it much.

Speaking of free weekend, I played Squad, now that is a game! Loved it, I can Imagine playing that with friends and have a great time, Im going to follow the development of that game and see where it is on release

11. addyrazz

Associate

BF1 is superb, loving it atm ;)