I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Man of Honour
Nothing wrong with that print :)

Its getting better right. I did a mod on the extruder last night to stop it blocking/clogging, it required bowden tube to be cut and placed between the hot end and up into the extruder. Took a while to get it perfect but its bang on now. Im also now at the point where i can just press print on any given print and walk away. I was never able to get to that point with the old machine so to me that is awesome. Its also pretty much silent as opposed to resinating around the whole house... bonus.

Today im designing an enclosure for the skr 1.4 for 2020 with fans and some other bits. Looked and hoped somebody had already made one that works with minor adjustment but no such luck.

I have a second titan aero so used that to mock up the mods. Really happy with the results. May even turn it into a dual extrusion machine with the second aero.

Last edited:
Soldato
Its getting better right. I did a mod on the extruder last night to stop it blocking/clogging, it required bowden tube to be cut and placed between the hot end and up into the extruder. Took a while to get it perfect but its bang on now. Im also now at the point where i can just press print on any given print and walk away. I was never able to get to that point with the old machine so to me that is awesome.

Today im designing an enclosure for the skr 1.4 for 2020 with fans and some other bits. Looked and hoped somebody had already made one that works with minor adjustment but no such luck.

I have a second titan aero so use that to mock up the mods. Really happy with the results.

All sorted then :)
Glad it's all come together.

I'm going to get a 0.8 nozzle, that will speed things up :)

Man of Honour
All sorted then :)
Glad it's all come together.

I'm going to get a 0.8 nozzle, that will speed things up :)

0.8 is what i was using on the second printer. The non geared extruder had some trouble keeping up at any speed. Anything over 40 and the extruder couldnt keep up. Does your new machine have a geared beastie?

Soldato
0.8 is what i was using on the second printer. The non geared extruder had some trouble keeping up at any speed. Anything over 40 and the extruder couldnt keep up. Does your new machine have a geared beastie?

A single gear one.
So far it's doing it's job.

But getting spare parts like the aluminum hotend and heat break is impossible :(

Man of Honour
A single gear one.
So far it's doing it's job.

But getting spare parts like the aluminum hotend and heat break is impossible :(

Alloy hot end sounds decent, and if they make all the parts specifically for it then its a winner :) - less work fiddling/tuning!

I recon I have probably put a week solid into the core xy and it still has some issues to work out. like the mirror in Y axis. I think my brain has actually worked out how to fix that but right now mirroring models on the Y is much simpler!

Pet Northerner
Don
So I'm throwing myself into 3d printing atm. I got a mars for Christmas to go with my ender and I'm loving the detail you can get from it. The resin cost on Amazon is considerably more expensive than PLA. Where are you guys buying resin from?? I've started a project that's going to cost a fair bit looking at the Amount of resin needed

if you can, hollow bigger prints in chitubox, should save you a fair bit. My mars 2 pro is being used for mini's / models so the cost isn't too bad , all things considered

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom