I have 1GB of DDR1 RAM is it possible to gain access to Crysis ultra high settings?

Permabanned
Hi Guys,

With my 1GB i am playing Crysis and i cannot switch on ultra high details i heard you need 2GB of RAM minimum to be able to switch ultra high detail on, is this true?

I hard somebody made a patch, it was not official from the makers of crysis but it allowed you to play in ultra high without needing 2GB of ram minimum, is this true? I heard it was a patch or a script file you add to the game file folder.

please anyone know of this?

TIA

it is trust me, i am currently running it on a dual core with 1gb ddr1 ram, 512MB 8800GT, in high detail, at 1600x1050 with 8xaf and 4xFSAA and i am getting like 50 frames per second without the FSAA and AF it's way above 60 frames per second. I plan on getting more Ram so i can run it in ultra high detail. my gaming pc costs under £500 new excluding monitor and included vat and delivery. this is pretty top end on a low budget.

Look guys i am not messing around with you,

Now if you have read all my previous threads i am not the type to go seeking attention of any sorts.

I was actually wrong with the whole 50 frames per second, sorry about that. I think It's doing about 30 fps but from playing it, it is incredibly smooth i really must install fraps and get a real speed test. I checked the menu options and it actually says the game is running at 1280x720 in high detail. I have not chose an AA and AF inside the menu options but it's automatically on inside the nvidia drivers menu. the framerate is really very good i have to say, i don't pick up any slow down only climbing mountains, and also one little flicker in a cut scene, apart from that it's simply incredible.

Anyway you know if there is a patch to get ultra high settings working without needing 2 GB of ram minimum?

TIA

nice screen shots, but i am telling you right now, my setup the picture quality looks nearly like real life, i am not kidding. I think Crytek have lied about how much power you really need to have for this game especially to make people go and buy new systems. more money on systems means more expanding and more money for the computer industry, Intel, nvidia, amd and other companies cash in and more research continues.

look guys, it was not my intention to turn this into some flame war. I was just pointing out that my system can run crysis very well indeed and that people who are desperately wanting to play this game wouldn't have to buy such an expensive rig. I am away from my computer and won't be using for at least till sometime next week, but i will show you the results.

I have never used fraps, how does that work. Is that only for recording the fps? If i want to record direct source video of me playing it and accessing the game menus to show up in the video, how can i do this. Wouldn't recording the direct source of me playing the game cause a big slow down?

Oh and to anyone thinking AA is not on, it is, there are absolutely no jaggies on any objects in the game, everything is flush. When your in the jungle you can wipe out a whole bunch of trees and there is no slow down and as well each leaf you can see is AA. I have every effect on High and it works flawless.

well i have the advent 9107 and as i am away from my gaming PC i did an internet search for the motherboard and found the asus one i posted, maybe that's not the one. I will have to check once i get onto my gaming PC, i may infact have 1GB DDR2 RAM.

Please do not right this thread off, give me sometime and i will prove to you i am telling you guys the truth. The purpose of this thread was to know about RAM for a upgrade for crysis. At the same time i wanted to make people aware that you can run crysis on awesome graphic details on a budget system and i will prove to you all it's possible. I am sure i am getting over 30 fps because i was doing some reading reading up on different gaming sites looking at benchmarks and they all say the game still runs in 27 fps which is unplayable and i tell you when i play it's so playable that i want to play all day. So that means it's definitely running over 30 fps how much over i need to do some benchmarking of my own.

I can tell you that depth of field is amazing, and the blur from when you move quickly, it's breathtaking. Explosions on high are all right i would like to run in ultra high settings.

instead of flaming me, why don't you guys just tell me how i can capture direct source video of me playing it. I am running it in 1680x1050 can i actually make a video that has that resolution, so when you guys watch it, it will look on your computers like exactly how i am playing it in full screen.

Will this hinder the frame rate capturing video?

TIA

Well i could probably make re-encode a big video into a 70MB file for 3 minutes of footage in divx or xvid and upload to site like mega upload. But in the end this will probably be quite time consuming. Just tell me this, like one the posters above said is fraps definitely included inside the crysis win 32 game folder after installation. I have the full game.

TIA

Well I run with 2GB RAM and I can access 'Very High' settings. But from what I was aware of, you only need DX10 to get to 'Very High'.

I want to ask am i right in thinking that the 512 MB Nvidia 8800GT is a Direct X10 card? Can it do Direct X10.1 and above? is that even out yet?

I heard you need 2GB of RAM minimum to run crysis in very high settings and Direct X10 card which is why your able to run it, i only have 1GB of RAM which is why in the menu options i cannot choose from very high settings in the drop down box. So i am here hoping to find the answer, i want to buy another stick of 1GB RAM or just get 2x2GB sticks of RAM. But then somebody said you can only run very high settings in 64 bit Vista, but your saying it runs fine on yours, is your computer running XP?

thanks in advance

Press tab and type:

r_displayinfo=1

1GB is no good to run crysis at all in windows vista or XP.

I've benchmarked Crysis on various settings so any results that are way out compared to mine or anyone elses means they are rubbish tbh, check the crysis benchmark thread, depending on specs everyone results are fine, what you try and say does not fit.

I am already running it in windows xp home edition +service pack 2 and it plays very smooth with everything on high details + AF+AA with 1GB of RAM.

so i press the console button then type r_displayinfo=1 which will give me the fps then i press print screen key button on keyboard, but then where do the screen prints go, which folder on your computer? Do i then press r_displayinfo=0 to turn off the fps counter?

you can only run DX10 if you have VISTA.................... THUS YOU CANNOT RUN ON 'ULTRA HIGH' BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE VISTA.

OK i may be getting this wrong, i am wanting to use my DX10 card in XP but play using the very high settings using DX9, there is that mode where dx10 features can been played in dx9 but obviously if you ran dx10 in vista with very high settings it would work a lot better but fps will be lower in 32 and 64 bit vista mode. i think that's what crytek were saying or maybe i got that wrong.

Okay i have found a mod that allows you to run very high settings in xp, it's some cgi file. It can play some dx10 features in direct x9 and it's said to be able to also improve fps performance.

and to you all, i cannot run the benchmark yet, not till some time next week as i won't be around my gaming PC, and this is not an excuse i am not trying to dodge anything, i will post in the coming days. Just tell me once running the benchmark how can i make multiple screenshots? And will the benchmark also allow me to play and take screenshots?

An amusing thread which has expanded dvdbunny's post count tremendously. I get on DX9 ultra setting about 35 fps and in dx10 ultra settings about 25 if I am lucky. cd2 @3.00ghz and 8800gts and 4gb on Vista Ultimate.

sorry a little confused, when you run dx9 mode is that through xp or vista

Back
Top Bottom