I have 1GB of DDR1 RAM is it possible to gain access to Crysis ultra high settings?

Permabanned
Hi Guys,

With my 1GB i am playing Crysis and i cannot switch on ultra high details i heard you need 2GB of RAM minimum to be able to switch ultra high detail on, is this true?

I hard somebody made a patch, it was not official from the makers of crysis but it allowed you to play in ultra high without needing 2GB of ram minimum, is this true? I heard it was a patch or a script file you add to the game file folder.

please anyone know of this?

TIA

Permabanned
OP
it is trust me, i am currently running it on a dual core with 1gb ddr1 ram, 512MB 8800GT, in high detail, at 1600x1050 with 8xaf and 4xFSAA and i am getting like 50 frames per second without the FSAA and AF it's way above 60 frames per second. I plan on getting more Ram so i can run it in ultra high detail. my gaming pc costs under £500 new excluding monitor and included vat and delivery. this is pretty top end on a low budget.

Soldato
it is trust me, i am currently running it on a dual core with 1gb ddr1 ram, 512MB 8800GT, in high detail, at 1600x1050 with 8xaf and 4xFSAA and i am getting like 50 frames per second without the FSAA and AF it's way above 60 frames per second. I plan on getting more Ram so i can run it in ultra high detail. my gaming pc costs under £500 new excluding monitor and included vat and delivery. this is pretty top end on a low budget.

yeah right ;)

Soldato

89i3xbt.jpg

In all serious though, I'm thinking you either have settings in place that you think are other settings, because there is no chance on earth you are getting that. I'm on a 8800 GTS, Q6600, running a lower resolution and with no AA or AF and I'm getting about 40 fps in high with post processing at medium. So 50 - 60 FPS on a lesser spec'd machine, using a higher resolution, half the RAM and with anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering is just not happening :)

Caporegime
So you're running a S939 Athlon 64 X2...and getting that performance?

Are you sure you're not looking at seconds per frame?

Permabanned
OP
Look guys i am not messing around with you,

Now if you have read all my previous threads i am not the type to go seeking attention of any sorts.

I was actually wrong with the whole 50 frames per second, sorry about that. I think It's doing about 30 fps but from playing it, it is incredibly smooth i really must install fraps and get a real speed test. I checked the menu options and it actually says the game is running at 1280x720 in high detail. I have not chose an AA and AF inside the menu options but it's automatically on inside the nvidia drivers menu. the framerate is really very good i have to say, i don't pick up any slow down only climbing mountains, and also one little flicker in a cut scene, apart from that it's simply incredible.

Anyway you know if there is a patch to get ultra high settings working without needing 2 GB of ram minimum?

TIA

Back
Top Bottom