I keep getting RSPCA notes through my door

I've had a few of these notes now. They all say the same thing, describing a cat that has presumably gone missing. If my neighbours leave me a note through the door, it's normally on plain paper. These however are small business cards (official ones?)

I don't want to phone them, as they will then have my number and sell it on. Tried to find an email address but their site only has a chat-assistant type which gives you automated answers. Shall I use Facebook and send them a PM with the attached photos or is it best to ignore them? I've lived here since 2006 and never owned a pet. No cat flap.

I've looked on Google too, lots of Gumtree links about missing pets but nothing akin to the notes that I've been getting.

8uqhxiT.jpg

mROuBr7.jpg

Thanks. I'll use Just Giving, but I don't like to get involved with charities directly, and especially no street chuggers or door-to-door.

Soldato
You're thinking of calling the police because a charity has put a note through your door?

Just put a "no unsolicited mail" sign up

Looking at it though, is it not a lost cat note asking people to call if they've seen it?

Soldato
OP
:confused: just call them and ask what it's about. It might be that they've found a cat in the area and are trying to find the home.

I can offer no advice though. There are numerous cats in the neighbourhoods. I'm partially sighted with a -27 prescription (and only 2 metres clearance) when I wear that lens, so I can't see what colour collar cats are wearing, or nameplates and other finer details.

Man of Honour
I can offer no advice though. There are numerous cats in the neighbourhoods. I'm partially sighted with a -27 prescription (and only 2 metres clearance) when I wear that lens, so I can't see what colour collar cats are wearing, or nameplates and other finer details.
How do you know you can't offer advice or assistance until you call them? It may be, as someone suggested above, that they have a cat wich they believe may be yours. Calling them could discount you as the owner and therefore help them. Or it could be that they are asking people to check ther sheds, etc, for a lost animal. But you won't know if you can help unless you call them to find out what they are asking for help with.

Associate
Okies. So best to ignore it then? If they do call again, then I'll use Police 100 (non-emergency number). I will not deal directly with any charities due to their ethics and hard sell tactics.

Not too sure what the police in India can do for you.
Then again, perhaps 101 for none urgent police is probably the number you wanted ;)

Aside from that. Do you have the moggy they're looking for?
If yes, return it.
If no, bin the card & forget it existed.

Caporegime
Man the **** up and phone them you massive pansy. Someone's looking for their kitty, do your bit.

rspca biggest scam going

No punctuation, no substance, no logic, reason or motive, just four random words splattered across the screen.

Remind me again why so many people think you're an idiot?

Back
Top Bottom