I lose so my fps in a game but my pc is pretty decent?

Associate
I got given this PC a couple of years ago so I don’t actually have massive PC knowledge, I understand the basics but I really don’t know how to solve my issue when I got given a really good PC. I’ve played two pretty intensive games COD and Fortnite. In Fortnite I’d run 144fps but I’d get these stutters where I would drop FPS down to 40, it would happen more often than not while in combat. My graphics settings were all either medium or low, so I never really maxed out the settings. With COD (Modern Warfare) it’s really frustrating, the game looks so beautiful on a PC but at the minute I’ve had to lower my settings so much that i might as well play on console (it’s currently capped at 50fps) the problem was that every time an enemy came onto my screen, my computer freaked out, dropping to like 10fps but doing this consistently throughout games. At the moment COD states it’s using 2762 out of my 6000mb RAM so surely it shouldn’t be running like this?

Im really bad with the PC specs, so if I miss info out please just lmk what I need to get.

GeForce GTX 980 Ti
i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHz
8GB RAM
1.8TB Storage (1.26TB Free)

I’m currently using windows 10 as well.

Any help of advise would be very much appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom