I pulled this together

Just an update on TeamGroup Delta RGB 32GB (2X16GB) DDR5 PC5-44800C30 6000MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black (FF3D532G6000HC30DC01) and AM5. XMP works just fine with Ryzen 9 7900 and MSI B650 Tomahawk Wifi mobo. Not sure if it depends on BIOS because first thing I have done was BIOS update even before applying XMP profile.

having serious trouble getting the gpu to work, i t keeps freezing up on me, disappearing from the devmgmt, I've tried multiple fixes, not sure if the actual card is kaput as sometimes it loads in and work only to freeze up and disappear a second later under no load

rest of the system appears to be perfectly fine, the card is seated in the pcie 5.0 x16 slot.

having serious trouble getting the gpu to work, i t keeps freezing up on me, disappearing from the devmgmt, I've tried multiple fixes, not sure if the actual card is kaput as sometimes it loads in and work only to freeze up and disappear a second later under no load

rest of the system appears to be perfectly fine, the card is seated in the pcie 5.0 x16 slot.

Try another slot (if available) to see if the problem persists, might be a faulty PCIE slot. I was very disappointed with reference RX 7900 XTX after owning RTX4080. That 2x8 pin limitation is the design failure in itself since the card pulls more than 375w occasionally triggering PSU self protection, then partial load still uses most of the power , idle 100w+ (4k 144hz + 1440p 144Hz). Was so happy to finally get rid of it and go back to RTX4080.

it was the 5.0 slot, i put it down in the 4.0 and it worked immediately and ran a benchmark, so either the 5.0 slot is not working correctly, or its not compatible and does not support backwards compatibility on gpu's

i wish i could get a different card than the reference one but its the only one that will fit in my new case

it was the 5.0 slot, i put it down in the 4.0 and it worked immediately and ran a benchmark, so either the 5.0 slot is not working correctly, or its not compatible and does not support backwards compatibility on gpu's

i wish i could get a different card than the reference one but its the only one that will fit in my new case

At least you found a culprit. Maybe there is an option to disable use of PCIE 5.0 mode? Actually, I have found weird issue with my system after upgrading. After restart/boot my main monitor (4k 144Hz) which is connected via hdmi 2.1 is still sleeping, to fix that I have to switch out of extended display mode and back in with WIN+P. It is kind of annoying.

At least you found a culprit. Maybe there is an option to disable use of PCIE 5.0 mode? Actually, I have found weird issue with my system after upgrading. After restart/boot my main monitor (4k 144Hz) which is connected via hdmi 2.1 is still sleeping, to fix that I have to switch out of extended display mode and back in with WIN+P. It is kind of annoying.
I'll take a look its not a major problem its not like pcie 5.0 is even a thing or needed yet.

Next I need to try and get this 6400 ram to post under xmp

Bios has preset xmp profile for 6400 @ 1.4v . Seems to be working, just running a mem test now to check it.

Then I'm gonna check the pcie options for the 5.0 slot and do a oc on the gpu and cpu

There is no point to OC really. GPU power limit increase might send hotspot temps close to 110 especially you mentioned having a tiny case. All I done to my Ryzen 7900 was set the PBO curve -10.

Last edited:
There is no point to OC really. GPU power limit increase might send hotspot temps close to 110 especially you mentioned having a tiny case. All I done to my Ryzen 7900 was set the PBO curve -10.
I just undervolted and a couple other things. Bumped me about 15% on the benchmark.

Stays nice and cool capping at 82c under 100% load

undervolting a GPU now days as can unlock a lot of performance
my old 3070ti would game at around 1700mhz clock because of temps, setting a curve so the GPU would pull 950mv 2000mhz unlocked a massive amount of performance

GPU power limit increase might send hotspot temps close to 110 especially you mentioned having a tiny case
again, its been shown recently that dropping the power limit can increase performance

undervolting a GPU now days as can unlock a lot of performance
my old 3070ti would game at around 1700mhz clock because of temps, setting a curve so the GPU would pull 950mv 2000mhz unlocked a massive amount of performance

again, its been shown recently that dropping the power limit can increase performance

Oh undervolting is a must especially on power/temp limited GPUs. I do not think you understood me right. When I am talking about CPU oc I mean making a constant all core clock at set voltage, PBO with negative curve usually do better job especially in low threaded loads. You can still see some minimal gains in tasks which can use all core/threads but PBO might do a better job in general use. I have never heard about getting more performance by just limiting the power. You can undervolt meaning you will ask GPU to run at set frequency at lower core voltage, meaning it will require less power or result in higher clocks at the same powerlimit. As I said I had very limited luck with undervolting reference RX 7900 XTX since it wasnt stable with anything lower more than 0.03v from stock and it was still bumping into a powerlimit wall. With this generation of Nvidia it works somewhat weird. I keep mine at 2880Mhz @ 1.0v however it achieves same or 1% lower performance as stock settings but uses about 50W less. Stock settings boost to 2800Mhz but still performs same or better than my reported 2880Mhz so there is something more going on not just the frequency it reports. I hope that clears it a bit.

Last edited:
Just a little update on this, ive got cyberpunk on extreme with about 120 mods including superpopulation and some crazy shaders and its not even touching the walls of this thing, even in heavy load its only getting to about 68 c and i still dont have my case with the proper airflow yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom