I saw Ryzen launch in San Francisco! (Photo Heavy)

Caporegime
While competition is great and sorely needed, I do worry that every benchmark they showed is for Cinebench. If I were in the market for a CPU I'd most definitely be waiting for the real reviews.

Last edited:
Associate
Cracking pictures,thank you.
Loved the diner shots,when i saw the first one i straight away expected to see Niclas Cage{the film was called Next}.
So sublime pics,and subliminal messages all in one,looks as though we both had a great trip.:cool:

Soldato
Great photos Sub, I like the way you showed some of the city and not just all tech stuff.

Trip looked epic. I am well jealous!! :)

Caporegime
Are you slightly concerned that AMDs focus appears to be on bang-for-buck, and Intel could easily slash their own prices to squeeze AMD?

Soldato
Are you slightly concerned that AMDs focus appears to be on bang-for-buck, and Intel could easily slash their own prices to squeeze AMD?
Of course that's likely to happen if Ryzen is as good as it seems. Not sure all of the Ryzen processors are that much better priced but definitely the 6900 could drop. I saw it mentioned elsewhere that "Intel can't afford to drop" but that's an odd comment - if Intel can't afford to drop then how are AMD going to be making a profit on their faster cheaper products that must also have cost a lot in R&D :D. Intel can afford to drop as their products now been around a while.

OcUK Staff
OP
Not sure if Intel could just drop the price, just like that... AMD have worked extremely hard, and that was something you could tell at the event.

They were passionate and have worked on this for years creating something that will disrupt the market. It is what we've all needed, it helps technology push forward and will give the end users (you guys) a much better product for the money.

I'm excited, the results of Ryzen is great and the price makes it so much better too! And there is more to come from AMD, I'm sure. ;)

Soldato
Wonder if the wink is a sign of GPUs to come :D.
Thumbs up from the OC staff means a lot! Will definitely have a close look at the top end 8 core for VM use.

V F

V F

Soldato

I can almost hear Mr Sandman?

0PXRncY.jpg

I actually ate in Chinatown for dinner one evening too, it was very tasty, unfortunately I only have this one photo of one of the main streets there.

vfoxWA8.jpg

Nom nom nom!

"Jack Burton: When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

The last photo is a very rare photo of me using the latest HTC VIVE II. You saw it here first guys!

hSuTci2.jpg

So that is how you got those black eyes.

They clearly had passion behind the product, which is what makes this new CPU so great, they have clearly spent a lot of time, and have put in so much effort in it, they really truly believe Ryzen is going to be great. And you know what... I have to agree with them! - And it seems like the Press do too! - I really hope customers see this for themselves also.

Welcome back AMD, it feels like you're coming in aggressive and strong, just like the good ol' days!

Mmm! Good Ol' Days

Back
Top Bottom