• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I think my 980 GTX is on it's last legs!

Associate
MrMD here is my bios

https://mega.nz/#!z8dRSa6a!PtQ0L2Qfxa3ze0IpN0tGva3H_wscITfCFyyC40zji5k

Volts are set to max 1.275v with boost clocks of 1500mhz / mem of 3000. I'll be manually overclocking those rather than set boosts.

This bios has already been pretty heavily modded

When you just run the card without touching after burner what boost clock does it reach,as the boost table has been altered?

Edit: Ok from the modding already done to the bios,i only had to changed one single value on the voltage table.

Im confused by the boost settings on this card,the boost table has been altered to allow 1569mhz boost.But in another section its has been boost limited to 1493mhz.

With this bios it should just boost to 1493mhz on its own without touching afterburner

https://mega.nz/#!T8wzzTTK!8tKuI99dR1-9BZseMdgNT_imlvSZOW9gR4nXGzH_82Q

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
This bios has already been pretty heavily modded

When you just run the card without touching after burner what boost clock does it reach,as the boost table has been altered?

1493 on the core / 3000 on the memory

However I'm currently testing with K-Boost for higher clocks

Associate
1493 on the core / 3000 on the memory

However I'm currently testing with K-Boost for higher clocks

right ok that makes sense,why was the boost table altered to allow 1569mhz then just to nerfed soemwhere else in the bios lolol

check my edit above for link^

Associate
Fantastic cheers, does that mean I can increase the clocks in MSI as per usual?

Yup

Core clock/mem clock powerlimit can be altered just as before,only the mV setting will do nothing.

In games/3d apps Vcore should always be 1.275v. regardless of gpu load/clock speed

Back
Top Bottom