I Want This Shed.....But it's Too Expensive

Soldato
Can someone help me find a shed that's the same as this but not so expensive! I'm not paying £7.5k for a shed. 23mm cladding and Cedar roof shingles shouldn't make it so expensive surely?

jaqXLDr.jpg
tZym9gT.jpg
RREGffK.jpg

Soldato
How handy at DIY are you?

I reckon you could easily knock something up similar for well under quarter of the price.

I'd suspect the framework would be a small portion of the cost, and the roofing is probably adding to the cost, so you could look at cheaper alternatives.

Last edited:
Soldato
£7.5k!... for a shed with featheredge cladding?

Cedar shingles can be expensive depending on the grade used but that price is crazy.

I would buy a log cabin as suggested above if your looking at this sort of money, if your handy with DIY you could build something to a higher spec for significantly less cost but I suppose that goes for most things.

Soldato
OP
I only wanted to spend £2-2.5k!

How handy at DIY are you?

I reckon you could easily knock something up similar for well under quarter of the price.

I'd suspect the framework would be a small portion of the cost, and the roofing is probably adding to the cost, so you could look at cheaper alternatives.

I'm reasonably handy but just don't have the time to undertake something like this as I've got a few other things on the go at the moment.

Its rather unique.

Is that a "porch" at the far left?

Noticed semple posted, I was going to say, probs 2k or so for the timber.

Something that big is better built in place rather than joining panels anyway.

It's a side store, so just a bolt on shed to the side where you can put garden equipment in.

Permabanned
I'm reasonably handy but just don't have the time to undertake something like this as I've got a few other things on the go at the moment

It's a side store, so just a bolt on shed to the side where you can put garden equipment in.

DIY - I recon you could build something like that for under 1K! Find free flag stones to put down and build the shed on top. Pay someone you know who is good with wood to set it up.

If I was local I would have knocked you something up like that.

Man of Honour
I assume the cost includes them delivering and constructing on site including setting up the base, etc. ?

Someone could knock something like that up sub 1K probably but it wouldn't have the engineering that one appears to have despite looking like something simpler and rustic it seems to be engineered to a far higher level than those kind of sheds would originally have been built to.

I'm reasonably handy but just don't have the time to undertake something like this as I've got a few other things on the go at the moment.

Ah ok, you can get cabins that have that as well.
Honestly a cabin is a step up from a shed. As its all constructional, where as the sheds only the framing is as such.

Caporegime
I assume the cost includes them delivering and constructing on site including setting up the base, etc. ?

Someone could knock something like that up sub 1K probably but it wouldn't have the engineering that one appears to have despite looking like something simpler and rustic it seems to be engineered to a far higher level than those kind of sheds would originally have been built to.

The cost of the wood is in excess of 1k.

Soldato
£7.5k!... for a shed with featheredge cladding?

Cedar shingles can be expensive depending on the grade used but that price is crazy.

I would buy a log cabin as suggested above if your looking at this sort of money, if your handy with DIY you could build something to a higher spec for significantly less cost but I suppose that goes for most things.

Do you mean a log cabin as in a proper cabin made from tree trunks or this modern-day fancy shed masquerading as a log cabin?

Cedar is expensive, you can use normal pine shingles for the same look and give them a good coat of clear varnish. Cedar is a great wood as it doesn't rot but it ain't cheap.

Cedar shingles arent expensive online. Relatively yes, but absolutely no.
2nd best grade can be purchased for £56 for 2.5sqm (fitted so overlapped already)

Whilst I kind of agree the modern day log cabins are not tree trunks they are arguably better, They lock in place and are practically windproof from the thinest. IF you go up to the thickest they are really substantial and probably far stronger than something constructed from logs.
Yes they are a posh shed, but they are a significantly better structure than a shed.

Soldato
Do you mean a log cabin as in a proper cabin made from tree trunks or this modern-day fancy shed masquerading as a log cabin?

Cedar is expensive, you can use normal pine shingles for the same look and give them a good coat of clear varnish. Cedar is a great wood as it doesn't rot but it ain't cheap.

They use loglap cladding rather than proper logs.

Soldato
£7.5k for that shed? :eek: I'd love to know if anyone has actually bought one.

The Tiger sheds elite pressure treated sheds are worth a look, but they are probably smaller than you're looking for. They do come with 16mm pressure treated cladding, decent sized framing timbers and the windows and doors are proper mortise and tenoned jobbies. FAR cheaper than that shed as well, even if they aren't quite as fancy.

Back
Top Bottom