I want to be a ninja am i the only one

Soldato
Was going to post that as well.

It really surprised me that the Grand Master guy was just going to let the art die, rather than passing it on. Sure Ninjas are no longer needed, but I thought people liked to keep traditions going.

IIRC its not that, its that there isn't any one good enough to take over?

Soldato
I hate to burst your bubble but Ninja Inc is basically a front for Yo Sushi. They take your "ninja investment" and promise you the grand life of a ninja, when in reality they spend the money on coloured plastic plates and bits of track for their conveyor belts. They use very imaginative wording in the contract, so unfortunately its legally binding and you can't get out of it.

I still get their bloody quarterly newsletter through the door just to rub it in :( Joke will be in them though once my training with NinjaCorp begins.

Man of Honour
next time i go to prostitute i should dress in ninja suit?

The cliched "ninja suit" is actually the clothing worn by stage hands in Japanese theatres a couple of centuries after the period of time in which ninjas were active.

It's not as silly as it sounds. The style of theatre at that time required stage hands to do some work on stage during the play. They dressed in black with their faces covered to make it easier for the audience to ignore them - a consistent uniform that emphasised that they were not part of the play. A director who was putting on a play which featured a ninja realised that this custom provided him with an ideal way to portray a dramatically unexpected attack by the ninja character - dress the actor playing a ninja as a stage hand and the audience would completely ignore him.

In reality, ninjas wore whatever was best suited to not being noticed in the circumstances they expected to encounter. An old peasant walking slowly back home under the weight of a bundle of sticks they'd collected from the nearby woodland for firewood could walk past guards during the daytime, which might be a better plan than trying to sneak over the walls at night, when any movement would be attract attention from guards. A bundle of sticks can be used to conceal a weapon and a fit, strong young person can look and move like a somewhat frail old person with some skill in makeup and acting. If it resulted in rumours that a ninja became invisible and flew over the walls, then all the better. Ninjas loved rumours about their supernatural powers - it was a powerful psychological weapon.

Soldato
Ninjas didn't wear black, that's a modern day myth. They wore normal clothes to fit in and get close and fight the samurai or blue at night as the sky is not black it's dark blue. The black uniform comes from plays called Kabuki where puppet handlers would wear black so as to be ignored/invisible on stage.

Anyhow serious bit over....I'd love to be a samurai warrior.

Soldato
Most definately. The school I'm attending is pretty impressive though, made friends with some poncy girl and a ginger kid. Getting bullied a bit by some blond haird guy but i'm sure it will all come good in the end.

I believed you up until the part about a ginger kid having friends.

Back
Top Bottom