1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want to be an Arms Dealer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Edrof, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Edrof

Capodecina

I understand. I quite like how busy they are as I want to show some historical context and tell little stories for the viewer to interpret but I'm now moving to less cluttered vignettes, partly because I'm running out of period props! I am no photographer at all and have no education in anything to do with this field so I'm still finding my feet and I thank you for the feedback.

I'd love to see a photo or two.

2. wolfie138

Mobster

nowt wrong w/ your photography skills, I just *personally* think those pics would be good as an "intro" or "atmosphere" piece for each item, but for the sales page you'd need to have the focus just one the weapons; you're possibly going to be dealing w/ some very knowledgeable people who might prefer less distracting images.

3. Uther

Sgarrista

It's an Indian made replica of a Doune steel pistol, nothing too fancy. Sparks well though ;) The real ones go for several thousand pounds!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  4. Vince

Man of Honour

Do it matey, follow your dreams. The title got me as my wife works for a Saudi bank and is forever visiting arms factories in Europe where she brokers deals. Loads of money to be made in weapons.

5. Schlong&Stable

Mobster

Can't help too much on the new business stuff, but I for one like the idea and would be interested in seeing products and prices!

6. Hilly

Don

Arms dealer you say?

7. Edrof

Capodecina

Thank you for the words of encouragement!

I know them - very expensive! That looks like a nice replica.

Thanks very much! I will keep the thread updated when I get going with things. :)

8. Vince

Man of Honour

Sensible posts always require sensible answers so in answer to your other questions. The accounting side of things for smaller business like yourself generally go along the lines of an accountant for a few hours at year end and either a book keeper or yourself maintaining the day to day bits. Personally I was self employed for a few years and then operated alongside paye for 7 years and filed all my own accounts during that time without ever coming unstuck. When I did make some mistakes the tax office called me up with corrections and guided me through it. Which i thought was very nice of them.

The recommendation is generally to set up a Ltd company, it's in the name it limits liability and protects personal assets. Otherwise as a sole trader some kind of public liability insurance (don't know if that's correct in this context) or other small business insurance is probably sensible.

9. Edrof

Capodecina

@Vince - that's fantastic, thank you very much. :D

10. Abraxaz1

Wise Guy

He’ll have to get it below 10min or we can go elsewhere