I want to play a classic pc game

Associate
Something similar to half-life 2, a classic which will still be enjoyable to play now, any ideas? Fallout? Quake? Diablo?

Aliens vs Predator 2.

Fantastic game for the time, the human campaign was atmospheric as hell.

I also recently played through a modded Thief 2, which was easy to do and ended up looking fantastic for a game from the year 2000. The gameplay still holds up well too if you're into stealth titles, easily one of my favourite games of all time.

Aliens vs Predator 2.

Fantastic game for the time, the human campaign was atmospheric as hell.

I also recently played through a modded Thief 2, which was easy to do and ended up looking fantastic for a game from the year 2000. The gameplay still holds up well too if you're into stealth titles, easily one of my favourite games of all time.

Good call on Thief 2 I'd forgotten about that - I really need to replay it one day.

AvP2 was a great game but not sure how well it stands up gameplay wise today, not sure I'd enjoy going back and playing it again.

Last edited:
Good call on Thief 2 I'd forgotten about that - I really need to replay it one day.

It has a lot of community support to make it more enjoyable on modern rigs, even has ultrawide support.

TSFIX and an HD texture mod:

image.png

image.png

Not bad for a 24 year old game tbh.

Last edited:
max payne, soldier of fortune, medal of honor, no one lives forever, sw jedi academy and the other one like it, postal 2, duke nukem, flashback, fear, deus ex, farcry ?

Last edited:
max payne, soldier of fortune, medal of honor, no one lives forever, sw jedi academy and the other one like it, postal 2, duke nukem, flashback, fear, deus ex, farcry ?

Yes, original Deus Ex was great and Far Cry 1 for something "classic" or Far Cry 3 for when it took a leap forward.

Bio shock
And then 2 (Not as good IMO) and then Infinite (superb). Excellent suggestions.

Mass Effect series, although the remastered ones do improve things massively. You could also give the Tomb Raider trilogy a go too.

X-Wing, then TIE Fighter then X-Wing vs TIE Fighter. Then X-Wing Alliance.

The whole host of Lucasarts FPG games from Maniac Mansion right through to Full Throttle I think was the last one.

You could also do the Sierra rpg games like Police story I think it is. They did quite a few.

The Lucasarts Star Wars games, Jedi academy, Dark forces and the others I can't remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom