• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I will soon have the most unbalanced system here

Associate
unbalanced you could say i am too lol Mac pro 7.1 16 core 96g ram with 6900xt for Mac OSX and 4090fe for windows 11 but in video encoding the 4090 is the daddy. In Mac OSX the 6900xt as Apple dont support Nvidia. but i do play games now and then and this is my time spy extreme score. not bad for a Mac.

Associate
Oh, something I can actually compete in!

image.png

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If you can wait for next month, AMD's V-cache versions of Zen 4 will be out by then and should do very well in gaming.
Sounds good I will wait, will need a whole new platform and anything competitive has got to be good for us consumers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds good I will wait, will need a whole new platform and anything competitive has got to be good for us consumers.

As Orcvader says; upgrade whole platform for next X3D chips. GAming wise the 5800X3D kept up with the top AMD & Intel CPU's for much less money. AMD really filled a niche with gamer specific CPU's - hope they do the same with the next gen of X3D CPU's. The gains in 1% lows was a difference you could actually 'feel' and not just measure. As long as you are UWQHD or greater with high hz panel then everything is fine - anything less then even the top CPU's still leave the 4090 bottlenecked. It's 4k 120hz+ that these cards really shine at.

Associate
i've got a i7 7700K with a 4090. i'm bottlenecked a bit but not a great deal, i'm a vr gamer and game at high resolutions. i'll likely buy a ryzen 7000 x3d cpu or intel 13900KS when they release. or maybe not. i'm actually quite happy with the performance i'm getting right now.

Soldato
At 4K gaming your be fine, my 4090 with be paired with my 2015 PC until i buy other parts, and my cpu is a skylake 6700K, at 4K using a 13900K down to like even a 8700K is only like a 15%/20% difference, in some games was like just 5% difference even. but i will be gaming at 4K.

Last edited:
Associate
I've got a 10700k and a 4090 and it's doing ok. Waiting to see what the new X3D chips bring but I need 64gb of ram for non gaming stuff so a platform change is going to be spendy.

Back
Top Bottom