I5 2500k - Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P Overclocking

Soldato
You cannot change the Vcore with any effect on the Uefi bios you need it set to normal which defaults to the chips default voltage. Then use the Dvid to + or - the voltage from normal to make it stable. So if default is 1.25v and you use a Dvid of +30 under load it will be 1.55v etc..

If you look at my settings I used a DVID of 0.065v for both 4.5 and 4.6ghz stable.

Soldato
Brilliant, all is well now but i feel like a nob.

You can also run 4.8ghz stable with my setup with that cpu and board and an increase in DVID. The CPU temp goes up a fair bit though so good cooling is a must. For gaming 4.5ghz will be more than enough...

P.s. Can you update my trust please.... :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I may have a play about some more then, seems stable with those settings at 4.6 for the moment and temps are around 61c max. Updating it now.

Associate
Hi, I have the same setup as in the name of this thread.
Is there anyone here that has had any problems with the new UEFI release? I have tried both the U1e and the U1G releases but whenever i switch from F6 or F7 to the UEFI i get into boot issues. My system will randomly enter some weird boot loops until eventually it decides to enter the OS. These restart loops don't have a certain frequency as they may happen two or three time in a row or may not happen for days. If anyone has managed to get past these issues please help me.
I am now running F7 BIOS (I managed to go back to BIOS) and the system is quite stable, but I cannot overclock it to 4.5 Ghz anymore. It fails the Prime 95 test either with BSOD or simply restarting. I have tried the settings at the beginning of this thread and the system is not stable even at 1.45V for the CPU. Can you help me on this issue too? It used to work when i first bought the system at 4,5GHz with 1,375 V.
Thank you

Caporegime
OP
Bit of an update but the last few days I decided to revisit this thread and do some extra tweaking of my overclock and i'm now running at 4.72GHZ with lower temps and more stable voltages. It's mainly down to a lower VTT and also a much lower CPU PLL!

Will adjust the settings now :)

Last edited:
Associate
I followed the 4.5ghz to a tee.
HWMonitor shows the vcore at 1.344 but regularly spikes up to 1.416 just on desktop and browsing.

I haven't adjusted the vcore or any other settings yet. Just followed the 4.5ghz guide.

Is this normal for it to go up to 1.416? Currently says Value 1.344 (seems to be on this most of time) Min 1.332, Max 1.416

please let me know....and thanks in advance.

Associate
Was playing FIFA earlier and screen went blue with a few graphic lines across and was fully locked up and had to reset.

Am assuming this is caused by the overclocked CPU (Overclocked my Sapphire 7950 too 1150 1375 aswell)
After following the tutorial for 4.5 what would be the best thing to do?

Up the voltage slightly to 1.335 from 1.33
Or change the multiplier to X44 and settle for 4.4ghz?

I haven't run prime 95 yet as just thought and wondered why to stress it so long for 10hours when I'd never be playing a game etc that would max out in this way for so long!?

I'm new to overclocking that's why I followed the guide, just don't have the time to run something for 10hours between every small change.

Not meaning to sound lazy and disobedient, just after a modest overclock and would be happy around 4.5ghz but rather ask the pros on next best course of action. Thanks in advance.

Associate
Bit of an update but the last few days I decided to revisit this thread and do some extra tweaking of my overclock and i'm now running at 4.72GHZ with lower temps and more stable voltages. It's mainly down to a lower VTT and also a much lower CPU PLL!

Will adjust the settings now :)

Neil, thank you for your guide, man - really appreciate it. *thumbs up*

Associate
I know this thread is older but I want ask something about Overclocking Intel 2500k.

CPU INTEL i5 2500k 3.30Ghz - Boost 3.60Ghz

- I will purchase Cooler Master Hyper 212 Red LED
-
I can overclock with this cooler?
- How I can safe overclock?
- What is the best speed so I can overclock without damage CPU?

Best regards,

Ljubomir

Back
Top Bottom