• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

i5 3570K to i7 3770K worth it this late in the day...

Soldato
As an update I decided I'd swap out my 3570K for a second hand 3770K for the time being. Watched quite a few on Ebay and always seem to go for for £130+ so scratched that idea. So back to the Ryzen but may wait and see what the new Ryzens and motherboards (probably) are like.

'Strong, the upgrade itch always is' :D More so as not scratched that particular itch since 2013.

Good call man. It seems a bit much to replace CPU, motherboard and RAM to go down the Ryzen route. I’m on a 3770k myself clocked at 5GHz. I feel this setup 5/6 years on is still infinitely more exciting than Ryzen. Interested to hear how you get on when it’s up and running :)

Associate
I am in the same boat, toying upgrading the 4670k, But I think I will wait until new Ryzen comes out
Some DDR4 is also below £100 for 16GB kits now, so hopefully these will come down

Man of Honour
3570k + Vega 56 @ 1440p should just about be okay with respect to the CPU.
Is there any particular problems you are having?
What do you use your computer for? And is there a significant CPU bottleneck (see task manager for CPU/GPU loads and see if they're balanced)
If you can upgrade from 3570k to a 3770k for £50 difference then it may be worth the upgrade - else no.
A full overhaul would cost ~£350ish (ryzen 2600/b450/16 GB ddr4)

Back
Top Bottom