• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I9 9900k

Alright treacle... :)

Meh. Jury's out on this round. If my 8700k wasn't a golden ticket it would have made the decision a lot easier!

i had seen you had a good un mate, shock!!!! :D

another play with mine with chilled water, another ocuk tray

R15 5ghz lowest vcore, could go one notch lower and it would complete but not take screen, boo

and my highest i could muster at these water temps

and it means nowt but

Pretty decent Nick, on par with those on the bot, nice scaling on chilled also! Stick a pot on it and let's see 6.7+... :D

And yeah, I did bin for mine FYI. Without binning, my ocuk asetek would have no purpose in life. ;)

Is 1.32v for 5ghz on a 8086k average or a good chip?

Also I’m gonna our the 9900k in there tomorrow. What’s a good vcore for 5ghz on a 9900k?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We are seeing everything from can't hit 5GHz all core below 1.35v, to 5 or 5.1GHz all cores at less than 1.2vcore.

Anything less than 1.3 would be decent i guess due to the temperature rise beyond that. But there is huge variance between the best and worst of the 9900k silicon.

I think it is still a bit early to say what the average is.

Pretty decent Nick, on par with those on the bot, nice scaling on chilled also! Stick a pot on it and let's see 6.7+... :D

And yeah, I did bin for mine FYI. Without binning, my ocuk asetek would have no purpose in life. ;)

I have a pot in my basket but it may have to wait till after crimbo, don't have time anyway till then. Will try a bit of DICE first just to check if it keeps scaling, a guy I know tested his and it basically stopped after 1.45v, voltage maxed at 2c and volts made no difference, could just need more cold?? If mine does ok then I'll get some LN2 for a play ;)

5.0ghz @1.170v. CPU-Z actually reads the vcore that is set in the bios on this board. 1.146v under load.

f43a839e-4354-491e-9e87-f029c393bb57-original.png

Last edited:
Looking good. How does it compare to your previous board do you think?

Why isn't hwinfo showing the vrm temps? Did you click no to the popup when it asked if you wanted to monitor the asus ec?

Here you go, now showing VRM on the Extreme board.

The Extreme is far superior to the Hero in my opinion, better phases and VRM.

5449b571-5c79-40fa-90ab-4e4f9e654dc2-original.png

Back
Top Bottom