• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I9 9900k

A couple of quick runs using roughly your settings, getting roughly the same results, just using less vcore. My insider build of W10 was being a PITA, so booted into my normal Build.

dc2f33e2-7977-45ae-8e07-7ad9d404a00c-original.jpg

7a7fd394-d863-477e-878f-d8483a32688f-original.jpg

@Nickolp1974 Why would my 5ghz be so close to your 5.2ghz score? You mentioned chip efficiency. Can you elaborate on that a bit?

I wonder what other CPU based tests I can run to see what's going on. Pifast maybe?

There are always lots of factors when running synthetic benchmarks, too name examples

1. Operating system, certain benchmarks prefer a particular OS, geekbench win 7, xtu win 10 32bit
2. Certain versions of a benchmark can make a huge difference
3. VGA used, older vga with low memory can help.
4. Screen resolution
5. Cinebench R15 for example, gets a better result with the window ran off screen

And many other variables, are you running win 8 Rob?

There are always lots of factors when running synthetic benchmarks, too name examples

1. Operating system, certain benchmarks prefer a particular OS, geekbench win 7, xtu win 10 32bit
2. Certain versions of a benchmark can make a huge difference
3. VGA used, older vga with low memory can help.
4. Screen resolution
5. Cinebench R15 for example, gets a better result with the window ran off screen

And many other variables, are you running win 8 Rob?

Win10 latest updates with a 2080ti. Pretty standard. Jealous of your mem OC. My Aorus pro sucks at RAM tweaking and buildzoid confirmed this also as he has the same board :(

Give wPrime a go.

Yeah 1024, or one of the oldest and still the best is superpi32m, this will show how good your efficiency is, mems have to be tuned to perfection and be rock solid. If you didnt know Windows XP is always gonna be best but tbh who uses that apart from hard-core tweaker!
As most here are on win 10, let's have a go but cap clocks on CPU to say 50/47?? Anyone wanna play?

Yeah 1024, or one of the oldest and still the best is superpi32m, this will show how good your efficiency is, mems have to be tuned to perfection and be rock solid. If you didnt know Windows XP is always gonna be best but tbh who uses that apart from hard-core tweaker!
As most here are on win 10, let's have a go but cap clocks on CPU to say 50/47?? Anyone wanna play?

Don a run and screenshot the parameters. I’m in.

All I set with those is primary and trfc so 14 14 34 2t 360 all the rest on auto
Vccio and SA at 1.2v, dram 1.5v

That's all not tweakeď or anything and booted straight in, the Gene is very good with its memory.

All I set with those is primary and trfc so 14 14 34 2t 360 all the rest on auto
Vccio and SA at 1.2v, dram 1.5v

That's all not tweakeď or anything and booted straight in, the Gene is very good with its memory.

Then you are both using 3600mhz ram, I am using 3200mhz ram, so your overclocking on the ram from 3600 to 4000 is very good. But my 3200 is matching your scores at 3600.

Back
Top Bottom