• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I9 9900k

Yeah i have the Professional Gaming i7 so almost identical to the Taichi.

I was going to sell it and get a MITX Z390 board but id be paying more for a much worse board.

Needless to say im going to keep the PGI7 as it runs my 9900K perfectly.

I almost bought that board when my taichi was returned :) i had a monoblock i wanted to use so i was a bit stuck with upgrade choices but I managed to return that as well. :cool:

Yeah been hunting for a monoblock myself.
I think the only place that does that one is the manufacturer's website.

That's where i ordered from, ships pretty quick from Taiwan. If i could have got it in the UK i would have but the only other option at the time was one US website and Australia.

Language barrier aside, bitspower were good to deal with as far as cust services goes. They'll reply in English but it might be a bit broken at times. No big deal.

I'm assuming this is an Asus, yes?

If its on AUTO it'll be based on VID.

Set it to manual, just watch the overshoot with the LCC level.

Then Adaptive + Offset once you know the stable Vcore needed. Set the 'IA AC and DC load lines' to 0.01. Likewise SVID will have an effect with Adaptive.

Sorry, you mean when you set SVID to manual (change it to best case, worst case) it will overshoot with LLC level?

It's Asus z390 HERO :-)

I'm assuming this is an Asus, yes?

If its on AUTO it'll be based on VID.

Set it to manual, just watch the overshoot with the LCC level.

Then Adaptive + Offset once you know the stable Vcore needed. Set the 'IA AC and DC load lines' to 0.01. Likewise SVID will have an effect with Adaptive.

Sorry, don't quite understand. Been re-reading. I am only running complete stock settings and thought SVID behaviour set to best case would reduce voltage not increase?

On my Extreme board when setting an LLC of 7, and svid behaviour to "best case scenario", I have a slight overshoot of .3v, so with my vcore set to 1.320v in the bios, at idle my voltage sits at 1.323v, but under full load this drops to 1.288v.

Sorry, don't quite understand. Been re-reading. I am only running complete stock settings and thought SVID behaviour set to best case would reduce voltage not increase?
SVID if you have it enabled changes how much voltage your chip asks for based on the VID table. It modifies how aggressively the cpu requests voltage from the VRM. If you have a static voltage set, i.e. manual, it's not supposed to be active. LLC will interact with a static Vcore to overvolt. It's when Adaptive is set that they come into play. Likewise with adaptive 'IA AC and DC load lines' and LLC can interact to overvolt, so don't leave them on Auto.

-----------------

btw, Adaptive is the preferable Vcore setting to use. Enabled it allows the Vcore to step down the VID table with frequency. I know a lot of OC'ers avoid it, but it helps with temps and power. Also has less Vdroop. And of course the cpu isn't sat at high voltage when idling.

With Adaptive you'll need your stable voltage on load from testing. Set that by using the offset, look at the Vcore from the VID at offset=0. Then add or remove to adjust it. SVID using 'worst case' will request more voltage by default for a given frequency, so uses a smaller offset. 'Best case', the cpu will request a lower voltage (VID) for a given frequency and needs a bigger offset.

Does that help? I know it can all be a bit confusing to start.

Last edited:
Hold the power button down. Or use the one on the motherboard.

PS. Don't worry too much about overvolting off load. They can take quite a bit, long enough for you to get in and turn it down. It's high voltage and load, i.e. current that kills them.

Hold the power button down. Or use the one on the motherboard.

PS. Don't worry too much about overvolting off load. They can take quite a bit, long enough for you to get in and turn it down. It's high voltage and load, i.e. current that kills them.

I was trying to lower the voltage though! It says choose this option the cpu temperature will be lower for svid best case scenario. So, I am guessing it didn't give it enough and it blue screened right?

I was trying to lower the voltage though! It says choose this option the cpu temperature will be lower for svid best case scenario. So, I am guessing it didn't give it enough and it blue screened right?
These are advanced settings just there to confuse you. Start by finding the static voltage for the frequency you want.

Last edited:
SVID if you have it enabled changes how much voltage your chip asks for based on the VID table. It modifies how aggressively the cpu requests voltage from the VRM. If you have a static voltage set, i.e. manual, it's not supposed to be active. LLC will interact with a static Vcore to overvolt. It's when Adaptive is set that they come into play. Likewise with adaptive 'IA AC and DC load lines' and LLC can interact to overvolt, so don't leave them on Auto.

-----------------

btw, Adaptive is the preferable Vcore setting to use. Enabled it allows the Vcore to step down the VID table with frequency. I know a lot of OC'ers avoid it, but it helps with temps and power. Also has less Vdroop. And of course the cpu isn't sat at high voltage when idling.

With Adaptive you'll need your stable voltage on load from testing. Set that by using the offset, look at the Vcore from the VID at offset=0. Then add or remove to adjust it. SVID using 'worst case' will request more voltage by default for a given frequency, so uses a smaller offset. 'Best case', the cpu will request a lower voltage (VID) for a given frequency and needs a bigger offset.

Does that help? I know it can all be a bit confusing to start.

Thanks for explaining this.

I find my stable voltage. I choose adaptive. I use + offset mode sign. Input stable voltage in additional turbo mode cpu core voltage.

I don't understand this bit sorry..

Set that by using the offset, look at the Vcore from the VID at offset=0. Then add or remove to adjust it.

Do you mean something like this..

For example a way to setup the adaptive mode is if I wanted 1.300V I can setup the base as the stock voltage like 1.250V and add on offset of 0.500V

Last edited:
Set it to Adaptive with the offset at zero.

The Vcore will be the VID called for depending on your SVID setting.

Set additional Turbo Mode CPU core voltage to the VID. Check what voltage your getting on load, it might crash if its too low. So drop the multi for a min. Or if it's like mine, it's actually higher than needed.

Use the offset plus or minus to set the load voltage to where you know is stable for your overclock.

Test again, you may find you can drop even further than the static Vcore you found earlier. Droops less and now steps down to 800Mhz and 0.6v ish.

Remember to set the AC/DC load line to 0.01, which is 1 mOhm

Last edited:
Set it to Adaptive with the offset at zero.

The Vcore will be the VID called for depending on your SVID setting.

Check what voltage your getting on load, it might crash if its too low. So drop the multi for a min. Or if it's like mine, it's actually higher than needed.

Use the offset plus or minus to set the load voltage to where you know is stable for your overclock.

Test again, you may find you can drop even further than the static Vcore you found earlier.

Vhhi5vq.jpg

This is just an example..

I see two offsets.. + and -

Don't you input the adaptive voltage in one of those fields? Or are you saying enable adaptive at AUTO volts then change one of the + -.

Confusing sorry.

Is there a super easy way you explain it to a complete noob?

Run Cinebench at your stable static voltage, what's the VID and Vcore? e.g 1.32v & 1.28v

Stick the VID value in 'Additional Turbo CPU core voltage'. e.g 1.32v Boot it, whats the Vcore on load?

Add or probably subtract some e.g 0.04v in the 'Offset Voltage' to get to the static you had earlier.

Fine tune by adjusting offset for lower Total Vcore if you can.

Last edited:
Whenever
Run Cinebench at your stable static voltage, what's the VID and Vcore? e.g 1.32v & 1.28v

Stick the VID value in 'Additional Turbo CPU core voltage'. e.g 1.32v Boot it, whats the Vcore on load?

Add or probably subtract some e.g 0.04v in the 'Offset Voltage' to get to the static you had earlier.

Fine tune by adjusting offset for lower Total Vcore if you can.

When I used adaptive voltage before I just put voltage in Additional Turbo CPU core voltage using the + sign and the offset (-) voltage was on auto. Maybe that's why it goes above the voltage I put in additional. The - offset is just to try and reduce the extra voltage then I see.

Thanks, sorry, it's a bit difficult to get the old head around :-)

Back
Top Bottom