ICC World Twenty20 [18/09 – 7/10] *** Spoilers ***

Man of Honour
The fourth ICC World Twenty20 starts in Sri Lanka on Tuesday with England defending their title.

Groups

wt201.jpg

Fixtures

wt202.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Fixtures (cont)

wt203.jpg

Coverage

Sky Sports 1 and BBC 5 live sports extra/BBC Radio 4 LW​

Times

Times are in GMT so +1 for BST​

England Squad

Stuart Broad (capt), Jonny Bairstow, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Danny Briggs, Jos Butler, Jade Dembach, Steven Finn, Alex Hales, Craig Kieswetter (wkt), Michael Lumb, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Graeme Swann, Luke Wright.​

Last edited:
Soldato
I hope Ireland start off by giving the Aussies a good spanking.

In other news KP isn't on the tour to India - serves him right. Bopara and Taylor dropped. Quite surprised at the latter.

Soldato
Ajantha Mentis picking up the mystery spin where he left off. His performance today against Zimbabwe (6/8 off four overs) leaves him with a T20I career average of 9.84!

Soldato
Tell me he's not one of those 'mystery spinners' that's a mystery because .. they don't actually get any turn, and somehow keep picking up a shed load of wickets?

Soldato
Tell me he's not one of those 'mystery spinners' that's a mystery because .. they don't actually get any turn, and somehow keep picking up a shed load of wickets?

IMO yes hes exactly one of those, he hardly gets any turn on the ball yet he baffles batters. I havent a clue what he does to get the wickets he does but he does it over and over again.

Soldato
IMO yes hes exactly one of those, he hardly gets any turn on the ball yet he baffles batters. I havent a clue what he does to get the wickets he does but he does it over and over again.

I don't quite agree with this. He doesn't get massive turn like someone like Swann or Ajmal can, but there is deviation on the bounce. The trick is that he bowls top-spinners, back-spinners, off-spinners, leg breaks, googlies, flippers and the carrom ball and that they are bowled at a good pace for spinner (55-60 mph) which makes the slight deviations more problematic and makes the ball come onto the bat that little bit quicker. It's not quite Murali-style googlies turning a mile the other way though!

edit to avoid double post/ Centurion - do you know why P Kumar is not playing for India? They have L Balaji as a second (third?) seamer, but Praveen Kumar seemed the obvious choice due to his control. I've seen Balaji play in the IPL but never really rated him - he may be a little quicker but his control is noway near as good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom