ICC World Twenty20 [18/09 – 7/10] *** Spoilers ***

Soldato
It begs the question, should the lower quality teams have their own tournament?

On one hand it's pretty embarrassing to watch but on the other hand it must be a hell of an experience; I'd love to play against any top team.

Soldato
It's good for them to get experience and will help them, one day, step up to the top table.

10-15 years ago (well a little longer) Sri Lanka were a lol team like the Afghans, look at them now!

Soldato
Good grief, the atmosphere is a bit flat isn't it?

Luke Wright looking handy - yes the bowling wasn't the best but we've done poorly against the smaller teams before due to the lack of bullying.

Soldato
It begs the question, should the lower quality teams have their own tournament?

Look at Italy in the Six Nations, most games to begin with were an absolute thrashing. They can certainly hold their own now though.

Does anyone know if the terrestrial channels have highlights of the T20?

Soldato
Rubbish, it has its place as long as i doesn't detract from Test cricket. IPL is more likely to damage tests if they don't sort a window out than international T20.

I don't think so. Bilateral T20 series are boring as hell compared to ODI or Test. T20 is a perfect format for domestic league type things. But international cricket matches contribute to the history of cricket. Looking at the first 3 World T20s, how many memorable moments are there? I can remember less than the 2011 world cup alone.

Soldato
Stuart Broad really needs a slap for those awful interviews he does. I know you can't admit to having weaknesses but when asked if England have a problem with spin he concocts the biggest pile of tosh in response. He's so irritating and arrogant.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
and yet again we lose thanks to cheap wickets going to wafting at silly balls and then playing defensive. seems we are taking a step back to how we played in the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom