Icecold's mobility thread

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Where are you sore? Might be worth giving your hammies some love to loosen the whole fascial system.

I suffer shin splints from time to time and the main pain is in the Posterior Tibialis.
But i also have soreness along the arches of my feet up to the balls of my feet.

When i wake up in the mornings i feel like im 80 year old with arthritis:p:(

Stupid bloody feet and legs

Man of Honour
OP
The stuff I've posted should help with that. I've had compartment syndrome in my calves for years but it's slowly getting better.

Associate
Just like to post a quick thanks re; the squat mobility.

Just tried the 2nd and 3rd hip stretches from post #13 and I can really feel them working (haven't got the resistance band for the first). I'll continue to do these to free up my hips (6"5' with long legs, yipee). My form isnt as bad as I initially thought, but these will help tighten it up.

Man of Honour
OP
Do you think that's due to general posture of because of a particular activity?

Look into loosening up your entire shoulder/neck complex, there are lots of tie-ins going on. Working a ball into the painful bits might be difficult to do on your own, but you could give someone a treat and let them cause you some pain...

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Well i work in a vineyard so do lots of tractor driving so thats lots of turning around all the time to look out the back window.
Soccer doesnt help with it though.
Its as tight as a nun as they say :p

Man of Honour
OP
In that case the stuff I described should sort it, particularly doing some myofascial release with a ball (get a friend to help).

Man of Honour
OP
For all you peeps with shoulder pain.

Sometimes you need to look at the less obvious things. You're body is a system of system that all interact. Fixing your feet can fix your back, fixing your neck/first rib can fix your elbow. If you have dysfunction (note: not necessarily pain) anywhere, it is most likely causing you problem elsewhere. Everyone should be able to do all of the things I've posted without crippling pain or massively reduced range of motion.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/05/episode-257365-athletic-thoracic-outlet.html

Caporegime
For all you peeps with shoulder pain.

Sometimes you need to look at the less obvious things. You're body is a system of system that all interact. Fixing your feet can fix your back, fixing your neck/first rib can fix your elbow. If you have dysfunction (note: not necessarily pain) anywhere, it is most likely causing you problem elsewhere. Everyone should be able to do all of the things I've posted without crippling pain or massively reduced range of motion.

http://www.mobilitywod.com/2011/05/episode-257365-athletic-thoracic-outlet.html

Just posting so that I'm subscribed :)

Man of Honour
OP
I've just come back from my first physio appointment. The guy is a friggin genious.

It wasn't for anything in particular, I have some minor niggles and a few tweaks that I've been carrying for years. It turns out that I VERY broken! I'll give a proper write up of what he did when I have some time, but oh my god the pain...

Definitely recommended even if you haven't got anything massively wrong with you. If you want to be a good athlete in some way, get it done early.

Back
Top Bottom